Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Courage Alone" for BAT!  (Read 7013 times)

larschance

Re: "Courage Alone" for BAT!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 02:04:02 PM »

Hi Poltava. Reporting on the exciting Courage Alone.
At the start of mission 13, the last one over Malaga, my CR32 dropped its right aileron before take off. I did not see or feel any collision. Anyway I decided to proceed with the bombing mission as the Fiat seemed okay to fly. I completed the mission, thankfully not meeting any enemy fighters, and returned to base. Not sure if you intended the damage but the CR32 was tough enough to survive.

You may already know that between the SCW and BoF some Italian pilots were sent to China to teach the Chinese to fly the CR32. I believe one or two flew combat against the Japanese in 1936 or 1937 and were paid per kill. The Americans and Russians took over the training later with their Hawks and Polikarpov fighters respectively. Just a thought for incorporating into the future Italian careers if desired.

ChicagoFire1

• LilNextGen
  • Nice to meet everyone
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »

Many thanks for your quick response vonofterdingen.

Salutes, Chicago.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »

Glad to help Chicago. You will like this campaign.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 01:46:34 AM »

You may already know that between the SCW and BoF some Italian pilots were sent to China to teach the Chinese to fly the CR32. I believe one or two flew combat against the Japanese in 1936 or 1937 and were paid per kill. The Americans and Russians took over the training later with their Hawks and Polikarpov fighters respectively. Just a thought for incorporating into the future Italian careers if desired.

No, I didn't! That is an EXCELLENT idea! Of course our protagonist should have a short tour to China! I will incorporate that into version 4.1!  :) :) :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

larschance

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 07:27:46 AM »

For more details on the Chinese CR32 and other imported aircraft I suggest the following books
Sino-Japanese Air War 1937-45 by Hakan Gustavsson
Aces of the Republic of China Air Force by Raymond Cheung
Chinese Aviation by Lemart Andersson
Flight in the China Air Space by Malcolm Rosholt (good pics of bases and locations)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 03:50:21 PM »

Thanks! I will look at them! I think I got two of them in my library already  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

larschance

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2020, 09:49:56 AM »

Hi Poltava. Continuing to enjoy this campaign. I note on missions 36 (strafing flying boats) and 57 I fly the BR20 rather than go on the assigned mission. Is this intentional or did you forget to switch the player aircraft after testing.
I love the way you populate the airbases in a different way in each mission. That makes it more immersive and interesting.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »

Oh, bl**dy hell. Thought I caught all those glitches. This is easy to fix. I will do an update of the campaign in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the heads-up! 👍

larschance

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2020, 12:21:28 PM »

With all the little details you include which make it work, it is not surprising some glitches get through.
If it is not too much bother, I would suggest now that the Ca311M is available in BAT, that aircraft should replace the BR20 as the main Russian front bomber rather than the BR20.
Am on mission 63 and the Russian front is proving tougher than I expected. As you state the MC200 is trickier to fly than the G50.
It is probably me but the nose guns on the G50 seemed more effective than those on the MC200, even though they are supposed to be the same two guns. The sound is different too. Probably the FM differences rather than the campaign. Just a thought.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »

Sure thing! I will do that when I do the update!  :)

And yes indeed: the MC.200 is not my favourite either ...

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 11:16:58 AM »

"Courage Alone" has now been updated to version 4.1!

A glitch in two missions has been fixed, and the Fiat BR.20's exchanged for the Caproni CA.311M in the missions in Russia!  :)

Thanks for the heads-up Larschance!

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:46 PM »

Many thanks Poltava. I am just getting started on this one, and if I remember correctly I can just install/copy this mission set over my existing (in process) files. In short I can update and continue my existing campaign and do not need to restart. Is that correct?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 27 queries.