Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Courage Alone" for BAT!  (Read 7012 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: "Courage Alone" for BAT!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2020, 03:33:46 PM »

Yes, that should be no problem!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

larschance

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 10:26:48 AM »

Hi Poltava. Finally finished Courage Alone. Most enjoyable although very tough on occasions.
9245 points. 51 air kills, and 5 ground kills for 18 air losses, mostly collisions. Was heavily wounded on last mission but survived.
It was very immersive and brought out the best in Il2 1946. The attention to small details, especially the variation in layout of airfields, together with good briefings, made it so. The use of all types of available aircraft, thanks to the BAT line up, made it constantly surprising and interesting. Some of the missions seemed longer than I would have liked but the map scenery and differences made it never dull.
I failed at the multi engine sorties due to lack of experience and had trouble with flying the MC202 properly. I normally like the Mc200 and Mc202 but felt they were underdone or maybe it was because I got used to the G50. All these aircraft had the same nose guns but the G50s were more effective for some reason.
A big congratulations on all those who contributed to this campaign to make the success it is. I look forward to flying the follow up whenever that may happen.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2020, 02:02:34 AM »

Lars! Congratulations for completing it! I hoped that someone playing this campaign would get an incling of the difficulties that a Italian WW2 pilot would face. Yes, the aircraft are maneuverable but in general undergunned, and after a while the opposition gets so much better, technically. I agree that the G.50 is better than the MC.200, but I do like the better armament of the MC.202.

Yes, I am pondering some kind of part 2, going from El Alamein to the Armistice in September 1943, even a part 3, where you get to choose if you go with Mussolini or with the Allies. all the aircraft needed are present in the game now!  :)

I don't lack for ideas, I just lack for time!  :D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2020, 08:16:32 AM »

Small bug notice: If you are having trouble taking off manually on som missions, then just switch to autopilot, and let it do the job. (There is a glitch on some old maps, due to the so called Zuti Friction Mod. I will fix this in future updates.)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »

I am now doing another small update of this campaign: if you have spotted any bugs or glitches, post it here or just PM me! TIA!  :)

Artiglio

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 03:26:22 PM »

What a great job Poltava congratulations 😉

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2020, 04:31:46 AM »

"Courage Alone" has now been updated to version 4.2! One completely new campaign segment has been added ("Mercenary in China") and five new missions has been added, plus the appropriate skins. Some skin errors has also been corrected, plus that the airfields on some maps that were very problematic to take-off from manually, have now been fixed. (Thanks to Vampire Pilot for helping out with this.)

The suggestion for adding a China segment comes from Larschance, and it IS based on history: Italian pilots and instructors played an important role in training the Chinese airforce (the ROCAF) prior to the Sino-Japanese War, and some actually participated in the opening stages, as mercenaries. The ROCAF also bought a number of aircraft from Italy during the 30-ies, including the Savoia-Marchetti SM.81 and the Fiat CR.32. The first international operator of the CR.32 was actually Chiang Kai-shek's ROCAF, which ordered 16 (according to other sources 24). They were based at Nangahang airport, near Shanghai. Chinese pilots appreciated that the Italian biplane, that in comparative tests proved superior to the American Curtiss Hawk and Boeing P-26. At the end of 1937, after the hectic and brutal start of the Japanese invasion, they had all been lost ...

larschance

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2020, 05:31:34 AM »

Well done Poltava. I look forward to improving my score and survival rate with this new version.

It has been a few months since I flew a campaign as Von and I are creating a second campaign for the Beaufort, this time in the Med. It has made me appreciate just how much work goes into campaign building, and how much fun it is too. I may look into an Italian fighter or torpedo bomber campaign later.

Blackadder22

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »

I love this mod! But i'm still having trouble in the initial missions (this is my second playthrough) taking off and landing the biplanes. Ive tried easy throttle, hard throttle stick up and stick down. The bumpy runways keep messing up my manual take off, which is a shame because the immersion in this mod is excellent and i would like to manually play every mission without autopilot.

Maybe i just suck but ive played many campains and never encountered this problem before.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2020, 12:35:46 PM »

I love this mod! But i'm still having trouble in the initial missions (this is my second playthrough) taking off and landing the biplanes. Ive tried easy throttle, hard throttle stick up and stick down. The bumpy runways keep messing up my manual take off, which is a shame because the immersion in this mod is excellent and i would like to manually play every mission without autopilot.

Maybe i just suck but ive played many campains and never encountered this problem before.

No, this is not you! This is a map issue. (The map is old.) But there are two ways to get past this:

A.) Use the Auto-pilot!
or
B) Download the latest version of the campaign, and use that one instead! In this latest version this has been fixed.

All the best
/P
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.