Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Catalina PBY/PBN Family of Variants v.4.38 RC  (Read 21274 times)

1941UH

Re: Catalina PBY/PBN Family of Variants v.4.33
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2020, 01:14:59 PM »

Tobias,
Hope you had a great weekend with your family.  Thanks for the gunsight return, though even at a 8 setting, the circle can be hard to see.  If you are working in the cockpit, an increase in the intensity would be helpful.  A loadout request that would be nice for my barge busting missions would be the addition of the 4 .50 on the nose with 4 250lb bombs and possibly the 20mm and 25mm with the 250lb bombs.  Keep up the good work. I just downloaded your seafire package and will be playing with it.
1941UH  ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2020, 02:00:15 PM »

My weekend was Okay, I just found I need a Modding Monkey, will ask for a good Pal
to help with uncomfortable stuff. All this Textediting, it sucks. I can't do that long.

Yeah, do that, these days the publishing of a Mod is more painfull than the long ago Modding.
Enjoy them, for any shortcomings, 2 weeks  ]cheers[

What intensity you mean, I don't understand, reticle Brightness?

That's custom stuff, easy to do. Give me a favour and try such adjustments.
It just needs a Texteditor, Google Search here on SAS how-to and good sight.
The latter I can't offer atm. ]cyclops[
That's how a lot of us started out with such small tweaks.

Further Loadout Upgrades are in the Plan.
At Moment I was shipped new Books, mostly RCAF, but also Black Cats stuff, RAF Catalinas.
Before I can read them, is a long time. My recent retarded shortcomings.  I just quickly went through and saw what will be
a much needed Canso/RAF Slot upgrades for us. It needs further edits to accomplish this later, but I guess it's worth the waiting.
atm. the defensive armament is early PBY-5 US standard, that sucks a big dong.

Canso will see 2x and 4x Browning nose Window mixed historical Loadouts for that.
Same for the Cannon armed Black Cats, but here I need to read a lot, but expect an Upgrade.
We have everything safe here, it just can be better.

My personal wish is to include the RCAF/RAF defensive armaments changes, double MGs in Left and Right Blisters
as well as Upgrading the frontal Turret to 2x MG. For a real RAF/RCAF Catalina that is a must have.

Early in the Beta I did Tests, at least in external in and java/Hooks it worked pretty well.
Dunno about the editing of Stations(3-D), excpect that Franken, I'm no Modding God.
Here we must improvise to get that done.

Best wishes
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2020, 06:13:13 AM »

Tobias Hi!
Here are the Soviet PLAB-100 and GAB-100D for Soviet Catalinas, as well as the British bomb racks Light Series carrier and Universal carrier
here's the link
https://www.mediafire.com/file/11hj1veu7oqc2ac/Catalina+Loadouts.7z/file

In the British WW2 Bomb pack, you'll find a bomb called 35lbAS_MkI (BombGun35lbAS_MkI.class / Bomb35lbAS_MkI.class) -
This was used on the Catalinas.  The Retro-bomb was quite similar in appearance but was in fact "projected" towards the rear so as to counteract the speed of the plane and fall almost vertically on the sub. I'll try to see later how I can reproduce that (the 35lb AS is currently defined as a bomb but maybe defining the Retro-bomb as a Rocketbomb, though it's an unguided projectile, or maybe as a rocket with low impulse power will do the trick)

Best regards

1941UH

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »

Tobias,
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a demanding boss.  I was asking for a brighter circle.  I will look into the code as I have saved some files on other gunsights and will review them and look for others to make adjustments.  I am looking forward to the additional load outs.  If you need it, I have the manual for the 2 .50cal Douglas Gun Pod I would be happy to send to you.
1941UH

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »

Hi DreamK,

PBN-3 proudly accepted the new beautifull
VVS Upgrade. Thanks for the hard work , they're
incredible.

The new Racks will be of use for the Loadout
Revision. I must start fresh and move old Hooks in place,
before adding any new ones. Also think about possible
combinations and how to get.
This will be a longer project, I assume after Christmas,
depending on the stage of my eye-liquid recovery.
I will see  how it goes.

@1941UH
I have tinkered a bit with the Gunsight and have a better Aim and No-Aim view,
reticle has been polished. In next Update I#ll shuffle a night Reticle Version too.
Next step is adding a bit glow to the Reticle, just in case to try out things.

Okay, also in next Update is the latest of my 20mm and .50 cal
Guns Trials. At .50 cal we now have reliable belts and for 20mm too.
Differented Belt versions. API/APIT etc.
For the 4x.50 I need a new Guns mesh. Current 4x is crap.

I can' take .303, every belt I tried was like a marshmellow guns. Tests with 303 utterly dissapointing.
I raked 3 times small wooden ships, and no effect.

Best wishes
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2020, 12:47:29 AM »

There is a problem with all machine guns in Il2 - from the very start of the game the programmer who wrote the main java classes had no knowledge of ballistics and took his formulas....from wikipedia (this is easily recognizable due to the way he wrote his formula in the java) without understanding what was behind it and, especially that it was in non-metric units - therefore a conversion factor was "forgotten"  and that a multiplication by a value which was in fact equal to 0 was introduced in another formula.
- the resulting problem with the machine guns was felt by the testers and players and the following generation of programmers who seem to have been involved in the later versions of the game, tried to correct the problem by modifying values inside individual machine guns classes - without a "rule" - therefore each generation of the game introduced machine guns whose data were "corrected" in a different ways than the previous batch....and of course the flawed formula have remained uncorrected.

Vasya at aviaskins has been working for a long time in empirically testing an correcting the individual MGs values so as to attend a level of coherency between their effects and with the historical operational reports.

It would be worth to ask him to post his last version here.
I'll check on Aviaskins site for his last published version so I can put a link here or upload it
(Vasya published them in the thread AviaSkins.Forums > Основные разделы > Моды для Ил-2 > Первым делом, первым делом - самолеты > Самая "правильная" ФМ).

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »

:-|   For years, twenty years to be exact, I've been wondering how it is possible that this beautiful model has never been equipped with a landing gear .. yet for those who have the ability to do so it shouldn't be an insurmountable task .. always all satisfied with two wheels painted on the fuselage .. really strange this thing, the PYB was present on all war fronts and remains a
incomplete aircraft. This is not a criticism, however for me it would be an insurmountable task, it's just a curiosity!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Catalina PBY/PBN Family of Variants v.4.34
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2020, 12:46:26 AM »

*Upgrade 4.34:
Reticle and Gunsight adjustments
Reticle options added
revised Nose Gun Setups 20mm and .50 cal (Black Cat and RCAF Canso A)
DreamK Russian Bombs added to PBN-3

Please install fresh, dump Folders and Weapons entries, replace with new.
No copy paste methods.

Check Haupt ReadMe for Gunsight Reticle tweaks if you wish.

Cheers
Tobias

urmel

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2020, 06:18:24 AM »

Great work!Many thanks for sharing.

1941UH

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »

Tobias,
Great update.  The default cockpit took care of the gunsight brightness issue and I will play with the other gunsight options soon.  With all of the loadout options, it will take time to develop missions to use them.  I also really like the new fight model, it is easy. 
Again thanks for all your and your teams work.
1941UH
 ]wav[ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »

Epervier and myself did the last Black Cat Fixes here long ago.
A Fix of hundreds fixes before on a never complete Model.
Every mod was not perfect, but adding small bits.

To make things clear, when I post a Mod into WIP, it's from the source such a fragmented Mod, expect me to do experimenting all over.
It can be perfect, but it can be the stage like this. I have my recovery still going, when I tinker in Loadouts, shit can happen.
Try to work with one eye left. Docs urged me to step sideways, still I'm tackling bits here.
Expect it a slower job than before.

Starts with Pylons. Ends with Cockpits and Turrests.
I can't go different. You're laboratory rats at this Mods. It can happen I inject you sweet fluid,
next time it's ebola, because I overdid at some point.
DreamK gave me Pylons, Gabriel and I used long ago. Still I want to try things out.  When Pylons are not in place, expect me having my reasons why to not do now?

Leight Light uses a experimental Cockpit Setup.
I just need it that way. I can't state every whereabout. Look up our Catalina in Sknil, GMAX, and you get a glimpse
what trashy Model it is. It's utterly unfair for Modding, not a visible appealing Mod.

Whacky, your Post is nice, but next time please consider a few things, LOG, shorten things, Info, asking is no crime, but at WIP much stuff is intentional.

Basicly it's not far from Ranwers/Mikoyans, still I decided to put it here.
So please calm down on an old Mod, it's not all my sandbox modding or intentional.

Cheers
Tobias
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.