Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 70   Go Down

Author Topic: Andy H's Screenshots  (Read 70372 times)

Andy H

Re: Andy H's Screenshots
« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2021, 05:47:21 PM »

Still awaiting the great upgrade - SweetFX, untouched.

'E-RAT-ICATOR' - a 125 mission B-17. 2048 skin by Gumpy from Emel's template. Available at A & A.

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #361 on: April 13, 2021, 07:39:26 AM »

Try as I might - and believe me, I've tried - I can't get il2ge to work on my install. It's probably so simple that I'll kick myself when I get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, I'll give the latest reshade a good going over.

I found that Il2ge must be installed directly into the il2 main directory. I usually install mods into a new folder and then manually copy and paste into the main directory. I do this just to see which files are affected. I tried this with Il2ge and it did not work. I've read that other 'effects mods' can also cause issues.

If you can't install Il2ge then reshade4 is a must. It just has so many more interesting shaders than sweetfx for tinkering by a dedicated screenshootist. :)
You have to install it from the site into the sim main directory so that it installs the correct dll name(opengl32.dll)

You can copy and paste the files for use in other games taking care to rename the dll to d3d9 or whatever the other sim/game uses.

That second lightning pic looks great.

Busy constructing a Chichester cathedral model to replace the Westminster stand-in.

Andy H

« Reply #362 on: April 13, 2021, 08:37:55 AM »

Wow. Nice work! Making up for a lack of churches and cathedrals on English landscapes - another bugbear of mine being laid to rest.  :)

Dunno what's not right with my il2ge install - I'll keep trying and work it out one fine day.

Meanwhile, I finally bit the bullet and pressed 'install' on the latest Reshade. Trouble free. Slowly getting there. I'd forgotten how dull il2's default graphics are...

Much tinkering ahead.  :)

Anyone else finding pics taking a long time to load on this site recently?

Andy H

« Reply #363 on: April 14, 2021, 07:02:53 AM »

Well, the pics showing thing seems to have sorted itself.

Still slowly getting there with the Reshade business. Far too sharp and grainy for my tastes at the moment. I like that once you know about the mouse1/2 business (thanks, OLD_DAD), you can tinker within the game. Just a matter of getting to know what does what within the many options available. Some depth-of-field/blur effects which can look nice if used sparingly.  I'm also using too many processes at the moment, my GPU fan is wailing like a banshee.

Anyway, here's where I'm at - straight out of the BATbox. One of Airbourne's 'no frills' missions. They're very nicely done and get straight to the action...

Rinaldi

« Reply #364 on: April 14, 2021, 08:16:09 AM »

Anyone else finding pics taking a long time to load on this site recently?

Yes, it was quite slow yesterday. Seems sorted now, that is, as you note. Great shots and skin! I uninstalled SweetFX in frustration, I think I lack the patience to fool around with it.

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #365 on: April 14, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »

That looks nice!

Ok! now you have to upload your presets so that we can try it in our installs. We can build a library of cool reshade presets. ;D

Andy H

« Reply #366 on: April 14, 2021, 02:55:47 PM »

Thanks, chaps!  :)

Just about where I want to be with it for now - have removed sharpening and the grain that went with it, played with contrast and saturation...and don't ask me how I did it, but there's a nice slight blur to objects in the distance, most noticeable on the furthest Hurri in the last three shots.

Same mission - the blighters got poor old Ginger this time around, and the Skipper led us off in the wrong direction, we never caught them.

'Gettingthere' preset if anyone wants to try or tinker
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4vy7aya26ty1vgv/Gettingthere.zip/file

Andy H

« Reply #367 on: April 14, 2021, 06:31:16 PM »

Same settings. Lars and Von's very nice Italian Hawks campaign.

Andy H

« Reply #368 on: April 14, 2021, 07:08:45 PM »

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #369 on: April 15, 2021, 02:12:49 AM »

Great preset! I have posted 2 of mine on in a thread this board.

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #370 on: April 15, 2021, 04:29:09 AM »

Actually, your preset looks brilliant, I like the rich colours.
I think I'll stick with this for a while and give Il2ge a break. ;D

Folkestone using your shader.

Flieger

« Reply #371 on: April 15, 2021, 07:26:02 AM »

Crisp screenshots. I find the pictures fascinating, which are almost black and white. They seem more threatening. Remembering war photos. Can you change the color of the game? What version of the game were they made of?
Matthias
No war has wiped out all idiots.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 70   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.