Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 70   Go Down

Author Topic: Andy H's Screenshots  (Read 70378 times)

Andy H

Re: Andy H's Screenshots
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »

Thanks chaps!  :)

D'you want to see a few more before normal screenie service is resumed?  :angel:

Please!

:)

Some of my 1/35 vehicles - I'm a figure painter at heart, I started on vehicles to give the figures more interesting backdrops.

Italeri/Tamiya Canadian Staghound with Black Dog resin stowage set and some old Tamiya figures. They really did look like this on campaign.

Tamiaya Cromwell with Black Dog resin stowage supporting Dragon British infantry

Tamiya Bren Carrier

Tamiya S.A.S Jeep

Tamiya Churchill - it comes with all the figures and accsessories

Eastern Express/Revell KV1

Tamiya KV2

Dragon T-34 with 'road rut/chicken mesh' cammo.

I'd better stop there for now.  :)

Andy H

« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2021, 05:54:33 PM »

I would love to see you fly a FW-200 condor attacking British ships :)

Tore

:)

danperin

• Skinner
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »

That KV2 is amazing  :)

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »

Wow Andy! Your models are amazing. Please post more pics. As a kid I was a huge fan of the Napoleonic era and collected and painted(rather badly) my airfix 72 scale collection of figures from that era. This brings back memories.

edit: I loved paging through modelling mags, admiring the various dioramas. Yours are superb. :o

Andy H

« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2021, 09:46:12 PM »

Thanks, chaps!  :)

Ha! Ha! It was the old Airfix Napoleonics that got me started again. I spent much of the 80's out of work, and busted a box of Frenchies out to kill the boredom. A friend liked them and asked if I could do some wargaming figures for him and it snowballed from there. At one stage I was making a meagre living out of it. Nowadays, I just please myself and paint for my own gratification. Anyway, on with the show (if mods want to move the modelling/painting stuff elsewhere, I'll quite understand)...

Every now and again, I enjoy revisiting my childhood with aircraft kits - well, you can never have too many Spitfires can you? Here's a fly past of Airfix 1/72 Spits.

They've come a long way since the old, lumpy rivetted approximations with jelly baby pilots, although sometimes I'll break one out and go on a proper nostalgia trip. For me, at least, they retain a certain charm (the old Airfix Yak 9 recently turned out as fairly presentable with minimal effort and some decals left over from a far more modern kit - a nice 'do in a day' project, if you've got a very sharp knife, although rivet-counters and skin-purists might want to look away now).

But, as mentioned, I love trying to bring figures to life - as a general rule, the older my eyes get, the bigger the scale.  ;D

These are 120mm, the infantry officer in summer dress is a Trumpeter plastic kit, if anybody fancies a comparitively cheap way of finding out if they'd like to give this  madness a go. I'd planned on building up a collection of Romans, Saxons and Vikings, 'Big Norm' was an expensive milestone birthday present for myself, the Viking was a much more reasonably priced companion piece, and I've got a part-assembled Saxon warrior somewhere. The Soviet naval infantryman turned up at a knock-down price, the Red Army soon followed in his wake and took over...

I've also got an unfathomable thing for 25mm fantasy sorceresses and Joan of Arc-ish figures. I'll leave them for another day.  ;)

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2021, 07:45:49 PM »

I love the artwork on 'Big Norm'. :)

I have read the Saxon chronicles by Bernard Cornwell and Simon Scarrow's  Eagles series, all worth reading for those interested in Roman and saxon/viking periods in English history, fictional works and highly entertaining, not forgetting the  Napoleonic 'Sharpe' series of course.

I can't wait for the fantasy and Joan of arcish pics. :)

danperin

• Skinner
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2021, 08:25:35 PM »

Awesome stuff!

Andy H

« Reply #319 on: March 31, 2021, 05:30:51 PM »

I can't wait for the fantasy and Joan of arcish pics. :)

:)  25mm, various manufacturers. Games Workshop are not the only game in town.  ;)

rogeroger

• Missioneer
« Reply #320 on: March 31, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »

Impressive artwork for such a small scale. :)

Andy H

« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2021, 07:09:39 AM »

Thanks!  :)

I must get around to a 'reshoot' now I've got better equipment.

Anyway, 'normal' service has been resumed... ;)

Andy H

« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »

Andy H

« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »

Currently overdosing on big U.S bomber missions...I hope I don't crack up like Gregory Peck.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 70   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.