Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Su-2 Cockpit  (Read 1767 times)

killerbee759

Su-2 Cockpit
« on: December 27, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »

Hi to all! SU-2 cockpit have strange artifact on B.A.T. 4.1.1. Thanks in advance for reply and for the AWESOME work in BAT project!!!

Vampire_pilot

Re: Su-2 Cockpit
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 12:27:31 AM »

confirmed.

The reason appears to be the updated Mig-3 cockpits that came in a little while ago.
It appears that the Su-2 cockpit was simply riding on top of the old Mig pit and now it's messed up with the new 3d.

This will have to be separated. I will have to clone a specific folder with the old 3d and make a new set of cockpit classes.
Will take a short while.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:08:41 AM »

Here's a fix that restores the old Su-2 pilot's cockpit without double use of 3d files.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n8p3wwzozv6a17r/%2521_quickfix_Su-2_cockpit.zip/file

Simply put it into #WAW3.
Of course this will be part of the next update as well.

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:59:14 AM »

Thank you very much Vampire! :)

killerbee759

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 04:02:28 AM »

Thank you very much! ;D. I can't thank you enough!!! :) ;)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 02:27:29 AM »

Seeing as I'm still on BAT 4.0, and would rather not have to reinvent the wheel, I'd like the convenience of simply getting this, the work already being done and all. And I'm not certain I would have got every last file doing the dump via the Selector.

But linkee no workee.  ;)

Someone to the rescue? Thanks!
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 11:32:12 PM »

While I was waiting I decided to do the work of making this cockpit standalone. I'm doing some fine tuning at the moment, and should have a release coming soon...

I've added my own BPB-1 sight, which also is mounted higher for a better sight picture. I adjusted the 6dof limits accordingly (reducing the L-R limits so as to keep the PoV from going outside the perspex, and increasing the fore-aft limits.)
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 06:21:23 PM »

Here's my own PBP-1 sight installed. I retained the existing sight mount, improving the tubular parts and adding a new mounting plate. This puts the sight at a more sensible height in line with the historical arrangement. But I gather that this plane had a tube sight installed, not a reflector. And so I'm wondering if this is worthwhile to release, as I recall a mod putting a tube sight in place.

Any preferences?

I also tweaked the PoV in Body.msh and the 6dof limits in the cockpit class.

Wolfosito

• Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 06:53:49 PM »

But I gather that this plane had a tube sight installed, not a reflector.
As far as I know it did have a reflector
The two variants I have in War Thunder have a reflector sight, (BB-1 and Su2 MV5) the others appear to have it too seeing it from outside.
[imghttp://wunderwaffe.narod.ru/WeaponBook/Avia/Su2/Pictures/45.jpg][/img]
There's also this image, looks like a reflector sight to me, War Thunder's one is like that one
Although it's not mounted like that, with tubes, but that's fine

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 07:18:15 PM »

Bear in mind that this is the old stock MiG-3 cockpit, repurposed for this plane. I didn't really alter anything, aside from taking out that godawful old sight and improving the sight mount a wee bit. I did a couple of texture adjustments, one being for the various gauge needles, which previously had really prominent black edges due to the alpha cutouts extending rather widely.

I guess I'll go ahead and release this, which will comprise the entire cockpit folder contents, and the cockpit class in which I adjusted the 6dof limits. Now players will enjoy a really good sight picture for gunnery.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 08:27:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.