Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mirage 2000-5  (Read 12719 times)

xxxautoxxx

Re: Mirage 2000-5
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »

Great effort by both you gents - but yes im having the same instability at rotation :(
keep it it and we'll keep testing !!!

thanks

xAx

ZtheE

• Skinner
  • William
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 07:00:15 PM »

Is there a way to install the new model into BAT 4.1.3?
I got my BAT license from a cereal box and I finally have a decent PC

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 11:08:42 PM »

Yes. By simply installing it

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 01:18:25 AM »

No Andy, that doesn't cut it.

Mirage 2000 in BAT = 3do\plane\Mirage\heer.him
Mirage 2000 in this mod = 3do\plane\Mirage-2000\hier.him

If you know what you're doing it's no big deal, but "John Doe" can't make this on his own.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 02:33:50 AM »

The "Mirage 2000" in BAT is a previous instance of the now-called Mirage IIIE, before there was an actual 2000 slot. It was renamed through the properties.
It was a stand in Franken. In the current stand alone instance, it is actually called Mirage IIIE in its readme and the 2000 has a new slot.

There is no conflict in 3do or class files, all there is is a "double" Mirage 2000 in planes.properties afterwards, which does not prevent any installation.
So, if you follow the installation procedures you should get this into BAT with no further adoo and even stumble across this fact by your own.
Maybe I am assuming too much knowledge.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 06:24:26 AM »

The "Mirage 2000" in BAT is a previous instance of the now-called Mirage IIIE, before there was an actual 2000 slot. It was renamed through the properties.
It was a stand in Franken. In the current stand alone instance, it is actually called Mirage IIIE in its readme and the 2000 has a new slot.
Eh... what??? ]dontknow[

Apparently.
The simply thing I'm reading here is: You need the Mirage 2000 (which BAT already has) and then you should drop the new 3D folder in (which won't work as it's not the one used by BAT).
Maybe I'm thinking too simple for the twisted and tangled jets we have.

*Note to myself: I've once said that supersonic jets are not meant to be in IL-2. I should stick to that.*

]cheers[
Mike

@edit: I have "installed" this mod into the folder where "my" BAT Mirage 2000 has been (however right or wrong this is) and I can confirm the quirks when gears are down.
However I cannot find a good reason for this.
One thing I notice is that Ranwers' Mirage has no "Engine" mesh, but this should not cause what we are seeing.
The gravity center is just the same as on the BAT Mirage 2000, and the gear hooks, engine hooks, prop hooks etc. are quite the same.
Looking at the Mirage's Java Code I have to say: <snip>. What I'd have to say doesn't confirm to our rules.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 07:38:20 AM »

No Andy, that doesn't cut it.

Mirage 2000 in BAT = 3do\plane\Mirage\heer.him
Mirage 2000 in this mod = 3do\plane\Mirage-2000\hier.him

If you know what you're doing it's no big deal, but "John Doe" can't make this on his own.

]cheers[
Mike

On a side note of this, I have found many times that if someone makes a new 3D model for a plane already in BAT, that more often than not it won't work because text in class files leading to the 3d folder have been changed or somehow the 3d folder name is changed.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

grumpf44

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »

Eh... what??? ]dontknow[

Apparently.
The simply thing I'm reading here is: You need the Mirage 2000 (which BAT already has) and then you should drop the new 3D folder in (which won't work as it's not the one used by BAT).
Maybe I'm thinking too simple for the twisted and tangled jets we have.

*Note to myself: I've once said that supersonic jets are not meant to be in IL-2. I should stick to that.*

]cheers[
Mike

@edit: I have "installed" this mod into the folder where "my" BAT Mirage 2000 has been (however right or wrong this is) and I can confirm the quirks when gears are down.
However I cannot find a good reason for this.
One thing I notice is that Ranwers' Mirage has no "Engine" mesh, but this should not cause what we are seeing.
The gravity center is just the same as on the BAT Mirage 2000, and the gear hooks, engine hooks, prop hooks etc. are quite the same.
Looking at the Mirage's Java Code I have to say: <snip>. What I'd have to say doesn't confirm to our rules.

]cheers[
Mike

What I read is that you need to install the Mirage 2000 by bison (who has her onwn slot) if you want to install the update of the 2000 by Ranwers...
In BAT the 2000 is the III-E (And the III-E is a 2000...).

So in my BAT I installed the 2000 by bison and the III-E linked in bison's post.
Then I updated bison's 2000 with the update by Ranwser and now I have a "real" III-E and a "real" 2000 with separate slots.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »

grumpf44, you got it.
The "Mirage 2000 by Bison" (as it is today) is NOT the Mirage 2000 in BAT!

Back in... March, April... he released one slot, the Mirage IIIE, which he named Mirage 2000 through the properties!
THAT is the Mirage 2000 in BAT, I simply added what the mod was stating (go back in the post history and you can see it, Mike)

Nowadays, after Bison made an update in April, this slot is called Mirage IIIE in the properties.
A true Mirage 2000 slot was created back then, which you need for thishere mod and which is NOT yet in BAT.

It is utterly confusing when you write it down, but if you look up the slot name in BAT air.ini and the properties in BAT, it all becomes clear immediately.
I didn't think twice about it, so I assumed... sorry for that.

Bottom line:
You can and must go through the full install advise in the opening post to get this Mirage 2000 into BAT.

MarvinT

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »

Thank you. It works! Not a hiccup. Another work of art. Using 4.12.2M Jet War.

MADMICK71

• FACTIS NON VERBIS
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2021, 09:35:49 PM »

Great Job. Thanks.

Maybe future upgrade some Flare/Chaff.
FACTIS NON VERBIS

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2021, 05:23:18 AM »

Not a jet pilot personally, however, I always had a soft spot for these Dassault Deltas and this is a great addition to the IL-2 collection. 8)

Thank you very much to all involved, really appreciated. ;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.