Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Above Croatia '91-95  (Read 5287 times)

Yaro59

Above Croatia '91-95
« on: August 28, 2021, 11:02:20 AM »

By the end of 1991, the situation was so dire that it was also decided to bring into action the Bell 47 helicopter, which was a museum piece from the Museum of Technology in Zagreb.In September 1991, a Yugoslav Mi-8 was captured and, after repairs, was put into service. Among the aircraft used at that time were agricultural PZL M18 Dromader, Piper PA-25 Pawnee, Piper PA-36 Pawnee Brave and biplane Grumman G-164 Ag-Cat, tourist Cessna 172 and Cessna 185 and training Utva-75.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lswvqt1plhg29lo/Yugo_1991.zip/file

Dragunoff

Re: Above Croatia '91(4 missions)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 01:51:50 AM »

Thank you Yaro!
Do you plan to do missions with An 2 as well?

Yaro59

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 03:02:36 AM »

Of course, Drago, not just with the An-2.
        As soon as I get back to JTW. I am currently working on something else.
                          Regards

Dragunoff

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »

Thank you very much Yaro! (y)

Yaro59

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:35:18 AM »

After a year of fighting, many soldiers and equipment went over to the Croatian side.
               Neither side had any reason to announce it.
                 There are probably no documents on this subject.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wmhim4j3fd6gjk9/Above_the_Pearl_of_the_Adriatic.zip/file

Of course not all skins are mine, credits go back to their owners

FlyingSaucer99

• Just another WW1 aficionado...
Re: Above Croatia '91-95
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 04:44:46 PM »

Finally someone decided to do some missions related to the Bosnian Wars, a war that was (and is) a synonymous, of brutality and freedom .

I know you are still focused on the early years of the conflict, but I´m waiting eagerly for the last years, when the Croatian Air force became stronger - talking especially about the Operation Storm, when the Crotian Migs were very important in the success of the campaign.

And obviously, my congratulations for the project!!!  ]salut[

Yaro59

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 12:15:36 AM »

Every war is characterized by atrocities, unfortunately, and civil wars based on race, religion, etc. in particular.
To create missions and campaigns, you need maps. There are maps of the Balkans, but they are from the period of the Second World War and they lack much in the 1990s.
So far, I have not found any useful documents to make the mission fairly credible. I admit that I have not yet searched too thoroughly.
There are some general descriptions, comments, often contradictory, depending on which side they come from. In creating missions, fantasy is advisable,
but not to obscure the facts.

Regards

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 02:28:45 AM »

Certainly a interesting subject that is little known apart from the atrocities of this conflict that flowed on news outlets at the time, good to see it covered. 8)

I will give these a go, thank you very much, really appreciated.

There is little information available overall on the aircraft used, I have two small booklets produced with the scale model maker in mind, Insignia Air Force Specials, they were published by Blue Rider Decals in the U.K. with as much decal, camouflage and historical information as was available at the time. ;)

Air Forces of Former Yugoslavia 1991-1997-Part 1 Croatia & Bosnia was published in December 1997.

Air Forces of Former Yugoslavia 1991-1999-Part 2 Slovenia & Macedonia published 1999.

The above books were at the time the only in depth attempt to cover this particular subject, other authors might have expanded on what was in those later as information became more accessible but I never came across anything else.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Yaro59

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 03:02:37 AM »

Thanks Pete for the tips, I will probably use them if I create anything from the Jet era.
While working on this topic I noticed that some people in the Croatian Air Force are very interesting
and controversial characters. For example Mato Dukovać, did he desert to the Soviets? Was he captured
trying to rescue his wingman? And what a beautiful career as a pilot.
Statements and testimonies of his closest family, including his brother, Canada 2005, say one thing, and historical researchers say another.

And who to believe ?

Regards

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 04:39:04 AM »

And who to believe ?

Hello Yaro59, they say the first casualty of war is the truth, especially so in such a politically volatile and racially charged climate as that was. ;)

It is understandable that relatives and friends will want to portray any individual in the best possible way, however, the real
person can be far more complicated, while to those around them they will seem sincere for their enemy something different
might emerge, we will probably never know for sure.

Whatever the truth it is a fascinating subject and as in all conflict their will always be some characters who stand out more than others.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Yaro59

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 05:19:28 AM »

I agree with you completely, some facts we will never know. ]wave[

Good health.

FlyingSaucer99

• Just another WW1 aficionado...
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 04:14:30 PM »

To create missions and campaigns, you need maps. There are maps of the Balkans, but they are from the period of the Second World War and they lack much in the 1990s.

Regarding the Yugoslav Wars, the solution I found when creating missions was to use the TAM_Caucasus_V.2 map, because (in my opinion) is the one that most resembles the Bosnia-Serbia-Croatia region geographically; besides being more adapted to the JetWar.

And who to believe ?

This is always the problem when dealing with history: each person has their own version of it. And besides, it seems that most of the times that we think we are getting near the truth, actually, we are moving away from it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.