Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultrapack 3.4 "Cassie" Discussion, Talks, Feedback  (Read 32166 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Ultrapack 3.4 "Cassie" Discussion, Talks, Feedback
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2023, 08:40:37 AM »

No :P
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Draken

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2023, 07:34:56 AM »

The Fokker D.XVII bends to the right when taking off .
To avoid a crash , the pilot has to push the joystick fully to the left when it happens , but still so , the plane is difficult to control .
I think that it is an anomaly of the flight model , because biplanes are usually rather steady .

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2023, 08:09:41 AM »

Definitely not easy to fly most likely is a combination of the 3d and FM but something could be done with a tweaking of the default trim

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2023, 08:45:49 AM »

Flight Models are an ongoing issue for quite a few of the new planes from UP 3.4.
The planes generally use the same flight models as the original mods or the ones from BAT or - where I could identify "good" ones - from Aviaskins.
If anyone knows a good flight model for the D.XVII we can bring it in with the next Hotfix.
It's just that my limited time usually isn't sufficient for doing flight model tuning on my own behalf anymore.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2023, 09:21:05 AM »

Sure it was not a request. I will check it out and see if it is possible to make a simple tweak that takes care of the worst problems and make take of and cruise a little easier as it most likely was in reality. For an accurate FM then much more work and info will be needed. I hope that the current FM is 4.10 compatible as my best FM tools are still in that format since the time of UP3RC4

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »

As talked earlier I had a closer look at the FM and the 3d model of the plane and as expected they both have serious problems. ON the 3d side one problem that grabbed my attention is the hook of the right wheel that is maybe a quater of the one in the left wheel so no wonder that on take off the plane badly off balance. In the FM there are basic mistakes to start with the dimensions of overall length and wingspan that have been inverted and off we go. So little by little I am trying to eliminate the most obvious problems in the FM but I would need a good willing person to have a look at the 3d and see if anything can be done At least to fix the hooks in the wheels that I suppose should be equal in dimension. I also have a problem with the mesh viewer as I can only visualize some parts such as: pilot, wing strut gears and airscrew but nothing else. I forgot most of what I knew about 3d clearly time has been passing.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2023, 11:44:44 AM »

More to add
beside the faulty FM today I discovered that this plane (a fighter by design, armament and configuration) refer to Biplanexyz.class that implements TypeScout, TypeBomber, TypeStormovik, so basically everything in the world of aviation except the fighter :P. The same class is full of reference to inexistent meshes, turrets and 3 different crew members as well.

Fortunately IL2 engine is quite resilient

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2023, 12:53:53 PM »

Browsing through QMB planes list you should notice that Fokker D.XVII has wrong CoG/MAC (this is most common error on modded aircrafts) compare to the other Fokkers of this series, thats why it fly bad, its 3D is based on the Fokker C.X Hispano, you can see butchered tail where gunner place was.Correct position+fixed FM should help.
PS. i was unable to view entire model on MeshViewer because all LOD distances are set to 0 not to mention meshes D1/D2 has clips and hooks data wich also wrong.
P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2023, 02:15:54 PM »

Yes I noticed all those problems in the 3d and I was wondering why it didn't show up entirely in two different mesh viewers. Hooks and collision boxes are also very problematic I was not patient to get the screenshot but after my hundred botched take of the entire left wing left untouched but buried underground together with the landing gear. I am taking it as an exercise to retrain myself in Java, FM and 3d work that I neglected for a very long time  ]read2[

I will try to create a different superclass to avoid problems with other planes that may use it and to eliminate all the references to non existant meshes as well as adding reference to the typefighter  and eliminate reference to typebomber that is quite important for AI behavior

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2023, 02:01:32 PM »

Hi Mike after the last UP update my latest Java has totally disappeared from my laptop I cant find it anymore

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2023, 11:21:33 PM »

Hotfix 10/11 remove the Java 8 / OpenJDK 19 option from JSGME.
That's intentional, there's no benefit from using either of these with UP3 at the moment, whereas in contrast both proved to cause trouble on subsequent updates.
Let me stress that this is just an internal Ultrapack thing, cause your post easily could make people think that the Hotfix would remove Java from their PC entirely, which it doesn't.
We don't do malware. We're not TD after all.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2023, 02:42:46 AM »

Mike don't take me wrong but something very strange happened to my pc. Yesterday i tried to install the latest java 8 update that failed and when i investigate the reasons i discovered that my java 8 had disappeared. As this happened shortly after the up 3.4 hotfix that took out java 8 from il2 i thought that there could have been a connection or a glitch.
For sure i didn't uninstall and can't imagine how something like this can happen
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.