Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultrapack 3.4 "Cassie" Discussion, Talks, Feedback  (Read 32146 times)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: Ultrapack 3.4 "Cassie" Discussion, Talks, Feedback
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2023, 02:53:44 AM »

We don't do malware. We're not TD after all.

:))     8)

]cheers[
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2023, 04:19:26 AM »

my java 8 had disappeared

Since we've got nothing to hide, let me introduce you to the WinRAR SFX script behind the Hotfix 11 installer.
This is what we do:

Code: [Select]
Path=c:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946
SavePath
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && start "" /wait "JSGME.exe" /da /x"
SetupCode
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "IF EXIST "New Java Runtime File Backup" (RD /S /Q "New Java Runtime File Backup")"
SetupCode
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "IF EXIST "lib" (RD /S /Q "lib")"
SetupCode
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "IF EXIST "bin" (RD /S /Q "bin")"
SetupCode
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "IF EXIST "jsgmemods/#UP#_Java_8" (RD /S /Q "jsgmemods/#UP#_Java_8")"
SetupCode
PreSetup="%comspec%" /C "IF EXIST "jsgmemods/#UP#_OpenJDK_19" (RD /S /Q "jsgmemods/#UP#_OpenJDK_19")"
SetupCode
Overwrite=1

And this is what it means, line by line.
Line 1 defines the default path where Hotfix 11 will be installed, if no other path was found in the registry. This is the default IL-2 1946 installation path. Note that since the application is 32bit, on 64bit systems "c:\Program Files" will automatically be converted to "c:\Program Files (x86)" (that's a windows thing).
Line 2 tells that whatever path the user installs Hotfix 11 to, will be the default path next time, regardless the setting in line 1.
Line 3 ("PreSetup blabla") runs JSGME with default user rights (no elevated prompt) and disables all activated mods (/da) and then exits JSGME (/x).
Line 4 tells the script to wait for the command from line 3 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 5 removes the "New Java Runtime File Backup" from your target Ultrapack game folder if it exists. This folder was introduced with the Java 8 and OpenJDK 19 JSGME options and is now obsolete, hence we get rid of it here.
Line 6 tells the script to wait for the command from line 5 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 7 removes the "lib" subfolder from your target Ultrapack game folder. This is because Hotfix 11 ships with a fresh, clean and lean Java 1.3 lib folder.
Line 8 tells the script to wait for the command from line 7 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 9 removes the "bin" subfolder from your target Ultrapack game folder. This is because Hotfix 11 ships with a fresh, clean and lean Java 1.3 + Selector 5.0.3 bin folder.
Line 10 tells the script to wait for the command from line 9 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 11 removes the Java 8 JSGME Option from your target Ultrapack game's jsgmemods subfolder.
Line 12 tells the script to wait for the command from line 11 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 13 removes the OpenJDK 19 JSGME Option from your target Ultrapack game's jsgmemods subfolder.
Line 14 tells the script to wait for the command from line 13 to finish before proceeding further.
Line 15 tells the script to overwrite files while extracting it's contents to the target Ultrapack game folder.
Further on, the rar file contents (in exe format since it's self extracting) will simply get extracted to the target Ultrapack game folder.

As you see, all activities happen within the target Ultrapack game folder. No files outside that path ever get touched.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2023, 06:59:08 AM »

Mike your first reply was enough i was just looking for something that could have triggered an uninstall. Mine was not a complaint and btw did you check the java 8 update for win10 of the 17 of January? Because they are mentioning the need to delete any previous version of java and naturally i did have installed the java 1.3 needed for te modding. So maybe this has something to do?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2023, 08:22:32 AM »

they are mentioning the need to delete any previous version of java
Where did you get that from?
All I know of is certain edge cases on macOS Computers where, if you've had a very early D/L version of JRE 8u351 installed, the update to 8u361 may fail, in which case 8u351 would need to be uninstalled first.
I don't know of any interaction between Java 8u<something> and any other Java version and honestly it wouldn't make sense either.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2023, 10:25:06 AM »

I got an error and in the official Java support page they are stating that origin of the error is unknown but they recommend to uninstall any previous java version before attempting to reinstall. I am a little bit reluctant. However the java update cleaned all the content of the java folder so i am now left with only my java 1.3 that luckily was stored in a different folder. can i delete from the c:prgram folder and install it on an external hd? will it still work?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2023, 11:10:32 AM »

General speaking yes, as Java will add the installation location to the %path% variable so wherever you install it to, Windows will find it.
I'd stick to the default folder locations though, can't see any benefit from installing it elsewhere.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2023, 11:28:13 AM »

so the java cod error is 1603 and this s the link to support page for that error
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/error_1603.html#:~:text=Once%20you%20see%20the%201603%20error%2C%20close%20the%20installer.&text=In%20the%20Java%20Control%20Panel,OK%20to%20confirm%20the%20changes.
quote "This error, seen during the installation process, indicates that an installation did not complete. The root cause of this error is under investigation."
quote Option 1: Restart your system and uninstall old versions
more over the update has wiped out also the java control panel so i can't go for options 2
It seems that lately is trendy to prepare malaware and sell it out as an update to protect our security much easier than try to really fix mistakes made in the past.
In fact i realized that i had a problem after noticing the install error and then trying to open java control panel receiving back the error message that the target for the shortcut wasn't there anymore. I was just lucky that 1.3 is installed in a javasoft folder and not inside the java folder.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2023, 12:57:38 PM »

I'd locate these "uninstall all versions of (...)" in the same mentally challenged location like the default M$ advice "reinstall windows".
Downloading the offline installer instead of relying on Java's built-in updater seems in order to me.
And if that doesn't help, manually remove the "Java" folders from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86), reboot and give it another try.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2023, 01:19:41 PM »

yes exactly what i did manually removed the folders reboot an manually install java 8+ but to no effect the install runs smoothly until the very end then reen bar stops advancing a couple of grumbling with hourglass showing and hd very active then fatal 1603 error message. I think that there is some fuck up in the registry. Actually I discovered that I have the jdk1.3 32 bit installed directly in C drive (C:\\JDK1.3.1_20) in 2012 when I set up my laptop for mods transferring from desktop.
I completely forgot about it so now this add to Java 2 (JRE 1.3) in the (C:\program files\javasoft) however only this last one shows up in control panel\programmes. Any suggestion on how to proceed which one I can safely uninstall?

The fact is that from IL2 point of view this laptop works nicely and is quite fully dedicated to it so I wouldn't like to touch it in fear of breaking something and until 19 of January even Java 8 was working well.

Draken

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2023, 10:10:12 AM »

I was today on Hyperlobby server , the map was Ardennes .
I could not close the canopy of the " Bf-109 G-5 AS  " and the " Bf-109 G-6  , 1943 "

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2023, 11:19:56 AM »

That's a known issue, the reason is unknown though unfortunately.
Workaround: Restart your game and reconnect, the canopy will work fine again then.

]cheers[
Mike

Draken

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2023, 10:49:06 AM »

( Cassie with hotfix 12 .)

The Curtiss model  64 Hawk II has two black rods on the hood .

But in cockpit view , these rods are only some random unnecessary parts . Could it be possible to delete them , please ?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.