Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Croats and others on the Eastern Front  (Read 2042 times)

Yaro59

Croats and others on the Eastern Front
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:13:29 AM »

In April 1941, Dukovac served in the 2nd squadron of the Royal Yugoslav Air Force ( Vazduhoplovstvo Vojske Kraljevine Jugoslavije ) at the airfield in Veliko Gorica.In October 1942, Leutnant Dukovac and seven other pilots joined the 15th (Kroatische)/JG 52. (Kroatische) /JG 52, which operated in the Caucasus with flying Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-2 fighters, and made its first 15-minute flight on 29 October.On the Eastern Front, Dukovac had 37 confirmed and eight unconfirmed aerial victories, seven of which were later confirmed.He fought during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War as part of the 1st Air Squadron, flying Canadian T-6 Harvard training aircraft, armed with two Browning 0.303 machine guns, from al Mezze airfield near Damascus. His only downing occurred during a reconnaissance mission, an Israeli reconnaissance aircraft, probably a Fairchild 24.
Sorry for the skins, but I didn't have the templates and skills to make it come out beautifully.
All skin credits go back to their owners
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rm31x8h3ekj2o2n/Mato-Croatian_ace.zip/file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Im6ynYmtlerNmyyUCn-93NcOEBF3iyXb/view?usp=sharing

Dragunoff

Re: Croats and others on the Eastern Front
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 03:38:42 AM »

I didn't know that Dukovac achieved an air victory in the Arab-Israeli war.Thanks for info!

zaxxxx2

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 04:15:23 AM »

That part of aerial history was banned in the former Yugoslavia,
these pilots flew for all sides in ww2 and later wars ..

Yaro59

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 04:34:44 AM »

Thanks zaxxx02

I know this list and the tragic fate of some airmen, those who managed to survive.
I live in a country where the forbidden facts of history for decades were plentiful, I know something about that.

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 07:50:26 AM »

Really interesting thread of history here , Yaro.
Thanks for the info - this is the kind of info
sharing that makes Il2 fantastic.

Kopfdorfer

zaxxxx2

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 10:04:06 AM »

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »

SUPER!  8)

Best regards,

Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Yaro59

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 11:41:39 AM »

Yes, zaxxx, the most famous painting and some pictures,
as far as I remember on Russian pages I found slightly different paint scheme with black 7, now I can't find the link.
                                     Nice model

Yaro59

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »

Hello

I made two missions on a rather forgotten topic. Maybe someone will create a campaign of the Blue Squadron in Russia, they fought there for three years. There used to be skins available, now I could not find them. I have reworked the existing ones a bit, the credits of all skins go back to their owners.
I.  Change-: On September 24, the squadron was moved to an airfield near Moschina, southwest of Smolensk, where they received brand new Messerschmitt Bf 109 E (E-4 and E-7) and took off for their first operations covering German bombers in the Vyazma area.
The squadron, consisting of JG-27 of the 2nd Air Fleet, supported the German offensive on Moscow. On October 4, the first air victory occurred, with Major A. S. Larazzábal shooting down a Pe-2 bomber and an I-16 fighter. The Spanish then attacked Soviet airfield and ground troops as part of the battles at Vyazma and Bryansk.
First win for the Hszpans:
  I saw 6 Pe-2s coming and followed them, shortening the distance between us, I found myself below. I opened fire from 150 meters with machine guns and much closer with cannons, I saw pieces falling from the plane after the second round , the pilot parachuted out. Later I continued flying towards Cholm to join the group. Suddenly, I saw "Rata" on the right. I attack him, he tries to escape in a quick dive, and I see my bullets tear his left wing, the plane crashes near the confluence of the Dnieper and Viadźma rivers. Later I attack two more times another I-16, but without effect.
In addition, Spanish pilots fought with the Soviet Army against the Germans. The number of Spanish pilots in the USSR who fought on the Soviet side may have been as high as 50. Several reached the rank of aces in the Soviet Union and were experienced pilots, unlike the vast majority of Russian pilots.
4th Shift- : From 4 July operated from an airfield southeast of Roslaw. The Spaniards flew Fw 190 fighters and then Me 109 G. After the counter-offensive at Kursk, they covered the retreat of the German forces to the west. At the end of November they were withdrawn from the front.
I read on the internet that there was fighting with the Normandy-Niemen regiment, the place and time would agree, it was the summer of 1943.
Normandy-Niemen Fighter Aviation Regiment

The regiment was assigned to the Polotniy Zavod airfield, being part of the Soviet 1st Air Army. The first aerial victory was achieved on April 5, 1943 on the Yak-1 aircraft with which the unit was initially equipped. In May 1943, the Germans ordered that every Frenchman shot down and captured be executed on the spot. On November 6 the regiment was transferred to Tula.
The first encounter with the enemy took place on 25 March 1943 during a patrol flight. Two German pilots - lieutenant Kreis and oberleitnant Reippza - reported to the headquarters about an unusual formation of Yaks flying over the front and reports in... French, which their radio picked up. The commander sent both of them to a doctor because he feared for their mental health.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n35y311prfctlfq/The_Spaniards_in_Russia.zip/file

Interesting,in the Russian sky, on the air you can hear the Spaniards and the French fighting each other to the death. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.