Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When giants ruled the Sky- pt.2 1935 - 1938  (Read 1886 times)

Vampire_pilot

When giants ruled the Sky- pt.2 1935 - 1938
« on: January 25, 2022, 06:01:23 AM »

When Giants ruled the Sky - pt.2
1935 - 1938

Made for BAT 4.2.1 - WAW module

This is a 25 mission campaign for the fictional "Macon years".
What could have been if the airship was not destroyed in early 1935...

Sequel to "When Giants ruled the Sky - pt.1"
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,68078.0.html

Not necessary to have played it, but it makes sense. The fictional character of a hook-on pilot (you!) is the same guy.

As the missions are absolutely fiction, I may have got carried away with some settings. While everything starts out pretty realistic and in fact takes from actual accounts of what was planned for the Macon in 1935, you will soon realize, a lot more is happening around you than the general public is allowed to know.

I tried to create a pulp-novel Zeppelin era kind of story, mostly coming in a short series of missions throughout the campaign.

You will go to the far Pacific, cross the Atlantic to visit an up-and-coming enemy and do a little polar exploring.

===

About the mission design:

This is made to be a "flyer" campaign.

A lot of missions will *not* work by simply hitting autopilot. A game limitation is, when only one plane is in your docked player flight, there are no waypoints visible, only those of the mothership. Autopilot will use these and will not perform the mission.

I used triggers a lot, and sometimes, messages or events only play out as intended, when you do the mission task right. That's often just part of the pulp-novel fun.

-Start at HIGHEST RANK
-You should switch "No Instant Success" to OFF to always be able to continue.
-You will be asked to navigate, so familiarize yourself with a compass and a watch and YE "hayrake" beacon navigation.
Information can be found here:
https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=704&page=1

Another sequel is already in the making "Straight down - from an airship!", portraying the war years with the even more spectacular ZRCVs of "Task Force Zeus"

enjoy :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/az8nxcorieq6re3/Giants_pt2_v1.zip/file

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: When giants ruled the Sky- pt.2 1935 - 1938
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 01:13:55 PM »

Thanks a lot man! I liked aprt one, will play this one as well.

Erilaz

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 12:05:33 PM »

Thanks for this! this mod is the reason i have come back to il-2 and i look forward to seeing the next one.

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 04:50:09 PM »

Potential bug report, or just me not knowing/remembering how it works

In the night op missions so far (the one in the part one and the first one in part two), the two white lights that denote the docking port when it's dark aren't there when I play the missions, as shown in the screenshot (they don't pop in when I get closer):

It's not prevented me from progressing, to be fair, as I've managed to memorize how close the front crew compartment is from the docking port so I can kinda eyeball it and get docked in without crashing.

My question is: is this a bug, or is this just me forgetting how to get the Macon to turn them on?

cammando205

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »

This was awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 26 queries.