Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten Aircraft - A fictional Dynamic Campaign for DCG and BAT  (Read 1829 times)

Shakaali

• Missioneer

Forgotten Aircraft
A fictional Dynamic Campaign for DCG and BAT

Download Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/d85fvy26t0yw0lq/Forgotten_Aircraft.rar/file
Download M4T: https://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=3049

There are a lot of aircraft in BAT that really existed, but never got famous; aircraft that saw little or no action.

They are the Forgotten Aircraft.

Some of them were forgotten for a reason, some of them should have been remembered, but for one reason or another never reached the fame they deserved.  All of them actually existed and flew at least as prototype (except Ju 187, but that is such a nice piece of equipment I wanted to include it)

This campaign is dedicated to those aircraft.

This campaign is completely fictional. Luftwaffe represents blue side and USAAF represents red side, although there are aircraft from several nations including USSR, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Finland, UK, USA, France, the Netherlands, Poland and Australia. Used map is the great fictional Zimbotho map by CAL.

You can fly this campaign as:

Blue (Luftwaffe) Pilot:

Fighters:

-   Avia B-135 (I/JG 1)
-   VL Myrsky II (I/JG 2)
-   Heinkel He-100 (I/JG 3)
-   Mörkö-Morane (I/JG 4)
-   Fokker D.XXIII (I/JG 5)
-   Rogozarski IK-3 (I/JG 6)
-   Rogozarski LVT-1 (I/JG 7)
-   Blohm & Voss BV 155 (I/JG 11)
-   Arado Ar 240 (I/ZG 1)
-   Focke-Wulf Fw 187 Falke (I/ZG 2)

Fighter-Bombers:

-   Henschel Hs 129 Wa (I/SG 1)
-   Blohm & Voss BV 237 (I/SG 2)

Bombers:

-   Junkers Ju 187 (I/StG 1)
-   Avia B-71 (I/KG 1)
-   Breda Ba.88 Lince (I/KG 2)

Recon:

-   Fieseler Fi 167  (1.(H)/10)
-   Blohm & Voss BV 141 (2.(H)/10)

Seaplanes:

-   Dornier Do 26 (I/SAGr 125)
-   Dornier Do 22 (II/SAGr 125)

Transport:

-   Ago Ao 192 (I/TG 1)

Red (USAAF) Pilot:

Fighters:

-   Republic P-43 Lancer  (307 FS, 31 FG, 15 AF)
-   Polikarpov ITP (308 FS, 31 FG, 15 AF)
-   Gloster Guardian (309 FS, 31 FG, 15 AF)
-   Arsenal VG-33 (317 FS, 325 FG, 15 AF)
-   Polikarpov I-185  (318 FS, 325 FG, 15 AF)
-   Koolhoven F.K.58 (319 FS, 325 FG, 15 AF)
-   Seversky P-35 (334 FS, 4 FG, 8 AF)
-   CAC Boomerang (335 FS, 4 FG, 8 AF)
-   Fairey Firefly (336 FS, 4 FG, 8 AF)
-   Bell YFM-1 Airacuda (433 FS)

Fighter-Bombers:

-   Tomashevich Pegas (522 FBS, 27 FBG, 12 AF)
-   Kochyerigin DI-6 (523 FBS, 27 FBG, 12 AF)

Bombers:

-   Loire-Nieuport LN.411 (89 BS)
-   Fokker T.V (322 BS, 91 BG, 8 AF)
-   Avro Manchester (323 BS, 91 BG, 8 AF)

Recon:

-   CAC Wirraway  (22 RS)
-   PZL.23B Karas (82 RS)

Seaplanes:

-   Hall PH-3 (3 PG, PRW, 12 AF)
-   Loire 70 (5 PG, PRW, 12 AF)

Transport:

-   Avro York (52 TCW, 12 AF)

For campaign to work as planned, please select corresponding aircraft and squadron (squadron in parenthesis) That is important as some aircraft have special requirements for the airfield. Eg. Fokker D.XXIII requires a ridiculously long runway to take off.

Requirements:

B.A.T. v4.2 Flashpoint
DCG 3.50 beta  (https://forum.jg1.org/forum/68-dcg-announcements/)

Installation:

Decompress the Forgotten Aircraft.rar into your DCG home directory.
Make a backup of the DGEN directory in you IL-2 game directory 
Copy Dgen & Paintschemes folders from your Forgotten Aircraft and paste them in your IL-2 game directory. Overwrite if prompted.
Start DCG, select Optional Third Party Data Folder.
Navigate to the Forgotten Aircraft folder and select allcampaigns.dcg
Select "Replace Career Generator (DGen)" in the DCG main screen.
Select Off Line Career (Full Auto-Generation Mode) in the DCG main screen.
Launch Il-2 WAW module and select one of the above-mentioned careers.

Recommended DCG Settings:

Transfers are set off by a timetable command and I recommend that it is kept off.
Recommended action radius > 500 km.
Air Starts: On
Delayed Start Times: On
Historical Production Dates: Off

Credits and thanks:

SAS team for BAT
Paul Lowengrin for DCG
Tailspin and Lonestar for DCG tutorials that got me started creating DCG campaigns a long time ago
CAL for Zimbotho map
Witchy for giving me the idea: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,68711.0.html
All skin artist involved (sorry, I don't know who you are).

"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Forgotten Aircraft - A fictional Dynamic Campaign for DCG and BAT
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 04:56:42 PM »

I love this idea. What fun! And I can't think of any other way to try these cool planes other than the QMB. Campaigns provide such a broader experience. Thanks, Shakaali.

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 07:03:22 PM »

I can't think of any other way to try these cool planes other than the QMB. Campaigns provide such a broader experience.

Thank you  :D

That was one of the main reasons I built this campaign. I wanted to compare different aircraft, first of all two of my early war minor country favourite aircraft that statically seem quite equal: Avia B-135 and Rogozarski IK-3. To me it seems that B-135 has slighty better performance, but IK-3 is slightly easier to handle. Both are very capable fighters and I like them both a lot, but I think I prefer the Rogozarski. I also noticed that B-135 has no shadow (except pilot and landing gear) o_O 

Furthermore, I found out that Gloster Guardian is much weaker than I expected. In one mission (flying B-135) I single-handedly shot down four Guardians while my wingmen were busy with bombers, only one of them get to shoot at me - but missed. On the other hand, Polikarpov I-185 and Polikarpov ITP seem to be very good. They are fast, agile and well armed. Not my favourite opponents.

At everybody reading this: was I missing some aircraft you would have liked to see?  I would have liked to use Dornier Do 335 and Blohm & Voss BV 222, but rejected them, because there is no sufficient runway for Do 335 in this map and AI cannot take off with BV 222 at all.

Would you guys like a TGA version of this?  And if you would, should I use the same map or another map for it?
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

BigJimTaplin

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:40:44 AM »

Hi Shakaali I really want to try this campaign but the first mission as a USAAF troop transport starts with about 2fps. I can only get 30 by turning the game speed down to 1/8 :/ This is with the default settings for a fresh 3.50 install. Should I just try lowering everything to sparse :/ I can usually go up to dense or higher when I've been able to get DCG campaigns running in the past. Thank you

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 11:28:05 AM »

Hi BigJim!

Thanks for interest  :)

the first mission as a USAAF troop transport

Interesting choice - I'm glad someone actually flies as a transport pilot  8)

Should I just try lowering everything to sparse :/ I can usually go up to dense or higher when I've been able to get DCG campaigns running in the past.

There are 40 squadrons in this campaign, which makes it pretty heavy. With dense Squadron Density and Maximum Flights/Squadron set as default 4 would mean about 450-480 aircraft in the air at the same time. 

First, try lowering Maximum Flights/Squadron. If set to 2, the number of aircraft is halved and FPS should be significally higher. If that is not sufficient, try lowering Squadron Density to Heavy or Moderate - moderate Squadron Density and Maximum Flights/Squadron set as 2 would mean about 100-130 aircraft.

Lowering Column Density or Stationary Object Density has very little effect, as the number of colums and stationary objects is quite low (10 colums and about 800 stationary objects)

BigJimTaplin

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 02:09:27 PM »

Hi Shakaali, thanks very much for your reply! No need to thank me for the interest, your campaigns are interesting!!!  ;D

I really appreciate your performance tips, I will apply them to other DCG campaigns in future as well, as I hadn't been aware for example that columns and stationaries don't require as much grunt. I have had some success with moderate squadrons [sadly only 1 flt./squad.], smoothest gameplay with sparse [but I can have 4flt./squad.!]

I had no idea that there were 40 squadrons overall, that's intense but well worth it to get these cool planes in the air! Awesome job putting this together for us!  8)

Interesting choice - I'm glad someone actually flies as a transport pilot

Please, don't ever stop adding bigger planes to your campaigns! I know it's niche but I love love love flying the big bombers and transports, etc. Sometimes I like to get the yoke out and fly some logistics you know!! :D If you ever do a full on bomber/seaplane/transport career, with no fighters for example, well I know it wouldn't get a lot of DLs but I would honestly be over the moon!

Thanks again! <3

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 03:45:19 PM »

I hadn't been aware for example that columns and stationaries don't require as much grunt.

They may require quite a lot. It depends on the campaign. There are campaigns with lot (40+) of columns and/or a lot of of stationaries (2000+).

I have had some success with moderate squadrons [sadly only 1 flt./squad.],smoothest gameplay with sparse [but I can have 4flt./squad.!]

Matter of taste whether you prefer lot of squadrons with few aircraft or few squadrons with a lot of aircraft. Performance-wise 10 squadrons with 4 flights per squadron equals to 40 squadrons with 1 flight per squadron. Only through experiment you'll find the mix that suits you.

Please, don't ever stop adding bigger planes to your campaigns!  <3

No, I won't. Personally I like flying recon planes and seaplanes  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 29 queries.