Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Kunai grass WIP  (Read 6400 times)

genXgamer

Re: Kunai grass WIP
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2022, 01:17:25 AM »

The Brown version goes well with the Darwin map.
I would probably swap the 1 metre for the 2 metre version though.
You can say I'm somewhat happy with the results.

Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2022, 06:29:49 AM »

:D   Well done WxTech!Excellent work, but what am I saying...a real marvel! Great utility and realism for our airport runways !
 THANK YOU .      ;)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2022, 01:46:47 PM »

After scrutinizing the textures, I find that in my prior process to obtain a different color I sometines tended to reduce the contrast too much. This results in a bland, flat look. I'm re-working them to keep a more varied, lively look.

Shane,
I see someone has been letting their creative juices flow. That very Aussie looking reventment is nice, and the gum trees are just what the doctor ordered. Amy chance of that stuff getting exported off continent for the rest of us blokes? 😀
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »

Hi WxTech, Thanks for the update 8),
wonderful, very detailed work ]thumleft[,
and maybe a field of wheat :P, is that possible?
Best Regards,
Piotrek

genXgamer

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2022, 04:15:26 PM »

Hi Glenn

I can make the revetment available, I only have one with star pickets on the the texture at this stage but I'll do a version with them removed.

The timber posts are a proof of concept to see how they would look in game.
Simply retextured war palms lowered 8 and 6 metres and placed around the revetment.
Apart from the pointiness of the tips I'm quite pleased with how it looks.

I'm happy to have this workaround in my game but I would expect the community to demand something more professional in theirs.
It will be several weeks before I have time to create modelled star pickets, timber and log posts.

As a famous Kiwi once said

Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »

After working up better textures, I revisited my initial instinct to simplify by offering a more limited array of objects, but leaving it up to the user to copy/paste lighter/darker versions into the active folder.

I've decided to not burden anyone with that nonsense. Instead, I will now have ALL versions as discrete objects always available. This means light and dark flavors of green, yellow, brown and straw, in the 2m and 1m heights, and in the 40m and 10m wide sizes. That's 32 objects in all.

An additional benefit is the option to mix slightly different colors for a more variegated field of grass.

I'm sorry for putting everyone through this ongoing, evolutionary process. I really should take my time and let new projects settle for a while as I keep tweaking, before rushing something out.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2022, 06:44:20 PM »

Here are all 8 colors now available, here in the 40m wide Kunai grass objects (each being doubled up).

On the far row, left to right: green, green_light, yellow, yellow_light (the yellow color is not specified in the object name).
On the near row, left to right: brown, brown_light, straw, straw_light (straw being good for winter maps).

A close-up centred on the light green/yellow overlap. The new higher contrast and more detail should be obvious.

I'll do some more checking to see if any further color adjustment is warranted...

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2022, 07:02:36 PM »

Three colors on a winter map. Left to right; brown_light, straw, straw_light.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2022, 08:41:27 PM »

I think I'm happy with the color range. Will upload soon. In the meantime, here's the included color reference image. The yellow names are enclosed in brackets because those objects using these colors have no color descriptor in their name, due to my keeping to the original file naming convention.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2022, 09:36:01 PM »

Nov 21, 2022: Update released. Hopefully the last in this rapid fire series of tweaks!  ;)

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2022, 04:17:28 AM »

:D  This splendid work of yours is a striking example of how a modder should always act. Someone paves the way, hits the mark, others follow, modifying and improving the initial idea step by step until, thanks to the opinion and collaboration of many, the maximum possible realism and practicality is achieved!  Thank you WxTech, All this and all the other things you have created are very, very much appreciated!     ;)

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2022, 09:47:50 AM »

Readme s: Sorry but ..I count 16 objects entries ???

UPDATE, Nov 21, 2022: Now 32 objects in total! I have made dedicated objects for EVERY color, so that ...
I'm I missing something, like perhaps wrong readme or wrong download ?
Or it is really 16, and the proposed 32 in text would be at error, because subsequently reduced ?

Great work. I had the twelve of 5th release happily tested, now have updated. Congrats !  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.