Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kunai grass WIP  (Read 6398 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Kunai grass WIP
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2023, 05:37:27 PM »

Taking a fairly different approach, and also incorporating pseudo randomizing for the significant diminution of repetitive, herringbone patterning.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

genXgamer

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2023, 06:18:20 PM »

Got to say looks fantastic, although this is an extremely niche object.
Don't know how many people will have access to put on water, except map builders.
40 x 40 is too big for the rice field in my current mission, there I have used the 1/4 version with channels in between the rows.
I'll post the screenshot I took later when I get home.

Certainly will add to some Asian maps, we just need some of these.

Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

genXgamer

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2023, 12:55:32 AM »

This is my current rice paddy, so I'd be interested in seeing what your dedicated version looks like in-game.

Random question, how hard would it be for the average player to increase the power of the Mark 13 Torpedo?

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2023, 02:34:17 AM »

The new rice paddy object is very geometrically regular, and may not look quite so well fitted in more irregular arrangements. I'll include a 20x20m version, which better lends itself to laying out in more irregular patterns than does the current 40x40m version. For that larger one I could add some wider channels or gaps; on each axis this number could be 1, 2 or 3, dividing into squares having sides of basically 20m, 13m or 10m, respectively. Suggestions?

The average "player" won't be making adjustments to ordnance explosive power. But an average modder of Java can.  ;) The weapon class need only have one or both of the power and powerRadius property values increased.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

genXgamer

« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2023, 08:57:48 PM »

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on adjusting the Mark 13 Torpedo's explosive power.

I wonder what the crop would look like on top of a texture similar to below.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2023, 03:24:47 AM »

Taking that furrowed ground texture and tiling it to 1024 pixels square, with a suitable number of furrows (80) for the 40m paddy object, and giving the ground an opacity of 80%. Adding a ground texture must take into account the fact of it eventually going invisible at some threshold distance. In order that the transition not be abrupt, I like to apply a stepping down in opacity with each increment of LOD, so that the last LOD is fairly thin and lets the underlying terrain show through fairly well.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2023, 03:43:51 AM »

And in situ:

genXgamer

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2023, 06:27:16 AM »

Very interesting, makes me want to create a Vietnam mission with Hueys.

I was on the farm simulator website during my lunch break, a lot of good textures there.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.