Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative Ordinance List v0.7 DOF - TGA - WAW Module BATv 4.2.2 HOTFIX 4 - BETA RELEASE (6/20/2023)  (Read 1719 times)

Chaoic16

• Modder

Alternative Ordinance List (AOL) - WIP

Alternative Ordinance List (AOL) - WIP

Hello everyone!

I am working on a second, rather massive project that requires A LOT of time re-naming and re-organizing.  I always wanted to create an alternative version of weapon.prosperities like I am doing with Alternative Aircraft List (AAL) project.

There are times when I get stuck because I could not tell what specific ordinance is, which lead me into researching and asking questions.

For now, I am sharing the progress and screenshots.  What surprised me is how many ordinance list also includes the various variants of certain aircraft.

For example, for BF 109 series, there are added variants and sub variants included in the ordinance lists.  This lead me into doing additional works on AAL by adding [Variants] tags, so anyone can tell which aircraft have extra variants from the ordinance list.

What AOL do:
- Rename and re-organize the names in the ordinance list
- It only make the changes on the right column of the list

What AOL does NOT do:
- Add or remove ordinances to weapon.properities

AOL have short codename that tells the role of each bombs, if the information are available.  For example, SC series bombs of Germany are General Purpose High Explosive, hence will have ‘GPHE’ next to it. 

I am planning on adding the document that explains each code names and that is where you can convert them into any languages if it helps.

When the first version of AOL is released, I am hoping that I would get the feedback so I can correct any errors or inaccurate information on the ordinance list, so I will happily correct them like I do with AAL projects.

I want to express big gratitude to the SAS people who are very involved with AOL projects.

Thank you DreamK, Knochenlutscher, Epervier, SAS~Storebror, and SAS community for the information, data, hotfixes (patches) for issues with aircraft loadout, and big supports!

I would like to take the next steps by re-sorting the ordinance list in the order, if it does not cause the conflicts with DGEN and DCG for Il-2 1946 BAT v4.2.2 HOTFIX 4.

Note about "Default" loadout;  It contains information about the fixed firing machine guns / cannons ONLY.  There are some aircraft that have information about the turret only if they are used offensively besides being used for self defense.  However, for DOF Module, that is a different story.  in DOF, there are both fixed and turret for each aircraft.

INSTALLATION:

There are two methods of installing mods.  You wil see two folders: Manual Installation and JSGME Installation

MANUAL INSTALLATION:

STEPS:
1) There are two folders AOL (Default version) and AOL (Hotfix version).  ONLY PICK ONE!

2) Drop the folder (#DOF3, #TGA3, #JTW3, and/or #WAW3) into main il-2 1946 folder and overwrite.

UNISTALLATION:

NOTE: IF you installed (Hotfix version, delete the following folders from #WAW3 folder

03__Bomb_IT_100kg_SpE_SpI
03__FIX_cod_loadouts
03__Kochyerigin_DI-6
03__P-39D-1_D-2_fix
05__B6N2_Cockpit_Bombardier
Fix MotobombaFFF_BAT422

To restore the files, there is is a folder _ORG FILES (BAT v4.2.2 + HOTFIX 4).  Copy and paste in IL-2 1946 folder and overwrite.

NOTE: If you have older version of AOL with the folders #BAT_AOL_WAW and #BAT_AOL_WAW_HOTFIX, DELETE IT!  AOL no longer use these folders.

1) Extract a zipped file and you will see a folder "#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW" and "#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW_HOTFIX"
2) Drop both folders into BATMODS folder in IL-2 1946 main folder
3) Use JSGME to enable EITHER ONE of the mods.  DO NOT enable two mods aat the same time.

The difference between #BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW and #BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW_HOTFIX:

#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW = Overhaul version of original BAT (Fully working for both offline and online)

#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW_HOTFIX = Overhaul version of BAT with hotfixes that fixes the issues with certain aircraft cod (Loadout). 
NOTE: This may cause null eerror in the mission.

UNISTALLATION:
Delete "#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW" and "#BAT_AOL_DOF-TGA-WAW_HOTFIX" folder from JSGME folder

Change logs
Code: [Select]
v0.1 BETA - The first version of AOL
v0.2 BETA - Completed the next several nation's aircraft as shown in the list below.
v0.4 BETA - Completed the next several nation's aircraraft loadout.
v0.5 BETA - Completed the rest of nations, including added Paulus Dragonfly Series and OTHER nations.
v0.6 - Competed DOF, TGA, TGA (SCW), and WAW module (Loadout new format)

DOWNLOAD:
AOL v0.7 (BAT v4.2.2 HOTFIX 4) - DOF - TGA -TGA (SCW) - WAW: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kds0pvzc3cnf7fl/BAT-AOL_v0.7.7z/file

The feedback are always appreciated and they help me improving the mods.

Thank you for enjoying the mods!

Chaoic16

Chaoic16

• Modder
Re: Alternative Ordinance List (AOL) Project - WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 02:07:41 AM »

The information is updated.  There will be only one version.  Having full tags is impractical for AOL.  I am going with short codename instead of using tags.

The screenshots are taken down.  The new screenshots will be posted when I have a chance.  The work on AOL continues and I am about half way done.

Chaoic16

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone!

The first version of Alternative Ordinance List (AOL) v0.1 is released for the following nations:
AUSTRALIA
CHINA
CZECHOSLOVKA
DENMARK
EGYPT
ENGLAND

It is highly recommended to use it with AAL v1.7a BETA as stated in the first post.  What I ask for is the feedback so I can fix the incorrect information and errors in AOL.

Chaoic16

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone!

The new version v0.2 of AOL is now released.  It update the following next nation's aircraft:

FINLAND
FRANCE
GERMANY
GREECE
HUNGARY
IRAN

The new version of AAL is released too, so please check it out too.

The feedback are always very helpful for improving the mods even further.  I look forward to it.

Thank yhou for enjoying AAL and AOL mods.

Chaoic16

larschance

Don't forget the Iraqi AF especially in the 1941 conflict against the RAF.

Chaoic16

• Modder

Don't forget the Iraqi AF especially in the 1941 conflict against the RAF.

Thank you for the post!  Just to let you know, this mod do not add anything new nor remove any items from air.ini, plane.properities, and weapon.properities files.

However, the reason why there are specific nation is that there are planes for these nations.  For example, Fury P (Mercury) is an Iranian plane, hence there is Iran nation.  If Iraq plane get added to BAT someday, then I will happily move them to Iraq nation.  This is related to AAL thread, you can continue the discussion about nation and aircraft in AAL thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,67326.0.html

This AOL thread is focused on discussions and feedback related to ordinance names and formats for weapon.properities file.

Chaoic16

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone!

I want to express big gratitude to the SAS people who are very involved with AOL projects.

Thank you DreamK, Knochenlutscher, Epervier, SAS~Storebror, and SAS community for the information, data, creating hotfixes (patches) for issues with aircraft loadout, and big supports!

The new version of AOL v0.4 is now released. 

It update the following next nation's aircraft:
ITALY
JAPAN
NETHERLANDS
POLAND
ROMANIA

The loadout for another nations such England and other nations besides nation listed above are updated too.

The rest of another nation aircraft loadout are still in work:

SOVIET
SPAIN
SWEDEN
SWITZERLAND
UNITED STATES
YUGOSLAVIA

As always, the feedback are welcomed and they are what helps me improving the mods further.

Cheers!

Chaoic16

• Modder

Updated the nation list for more accurate atatus of the project:

NATION - Loadout new format / layout | Ordinance Names and types of warhead

AUSTRALIA - COMPETED | WIP
CHINA - COMPETED | WIP
CZECHOSLOVKA - COMPETED | WIP
DENMARK - COMPETED | WIP
EGYPT - COMPETED | WIP
ENGLAND - COMPETED | WIP
FINLAND - COMPETED | WIP
FRANCE - COMPETED | WIP
GERMANY - COMPETED | WIP
GREECE - COMPETED | WIP
HUNGARY - COMPETED | WIP
IRAN - COMPETED | WIP
ITALY - COMPETED | WIP
JAPAN - COMPETED | WIP
NETHERLANDS - COMPETED | WIP
POLAND - COMPETED | WIP
ROMANIA - COMPETED | WIP
SOVIET - WIP | WIP
SPAIN - WIP | WIP
SWEDEN - WIP | WIP
SWITZERLAND - WIP | WIP
UNITED STATES - WIP | WIP
YUGOSLAVIA - WIP | WIP

Chaoic16

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone!

The new version of AOL v0.5 is now released with all nation aircraft loadout re-formatting completed!  It have taken me over a month working on it.  It have bought me a great joys being able to share it with everyone here too!

Not only it overhaul all nation aircraft, it also overhaul Paulus Dragonfly Series aircraft loadout for anyone who are fans of them too.

As always, the feedback are very welcomed since they help me improving the mods further.

Thank you for enjoying the mods.

Chaoic16

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"

Many thanks for making this!

I've tried out both your alternate A/C list and this loadout list. While I kinda prefer the stock BAT a/c list, I'm going to continue using your loadout overhaul, as I quite like it. The time you put into it is noticeable and appreciated!

Chaoic16

• Modder

Many thanks for making this!

I've tried out both your alternate A/C list and this loadout list. While I kinda prefer the stock BAT a/c list, I'm going to continue using your loadout overhaul, as I quite like it. The time you put into it is noticeable and appreciated!

Hello Ta183Huckebein,

I am happy to hear that you enjoy the mods!  No worries about AAL, everyone have their own perferences.  What gave me idea from your comments is that I am going to do this:  split air.ini and plane.properities, so peopel can select between defualt and AAL version of air.ini and/or plane.properities for their own liking.

The feedback and ideas for both AAL and AOL are always welcomed.

What I am going to do next is to start working on TGA module for both AAL and AOL projects.  After that, DOW, and then finally, JTW.

Cheers!

Chaoic16

• Modder

Hello everyone!

The new version AOL v0.6 is released with overhaul for DOF, TGA, and WAW module!

As always, the feedback are appericated.

Thank you for enjoying the mods.

Chaoic16
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.