Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT) Need HELP  (Read 4035 times)

9078roman

Re: GERMAN U-BOAT Type IX SERIES SUBMARINE (MY NEW PROJECT) Need HELP
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2023, 11:45:00 PM »

not yet ready, but already managed to start, we still have to look through the photo archive.

9078roman

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2023, 03:02:25 AM »

Added some more details; fixed the cable, finally learned how to move objects, in relation to the axis of its position I need. I suffered with the Kumpel matrix. But he didn't understand anything. As a result, I re-read what WxTech wrote to me, and that's what's interesting, my English is quite tolerable. But reading then with an interpreter, I did not understand well what was said there. And rereading in English, on the contrary. Sometimes a translator is not helpful....
Okay, I'm taking a three hour break, I'm going to watch a documentary called "Grey Wolves" And I'll be back to work later. I go from bow to stern. Next up is the gun.

Until I forgot.

Can someone help me... If I transfer the entire model "88" Flak. I have a mod called - ++_88_FLAK. It just has a beautiful 3d model of this weapon. Will it work? Will there be a turn along the axes, say, behind the enemy ship. And one more question. This is a late series submarine. Therefore, I want to install heavy anti-aircraft weapons on it. I saw in that video about submarines that in the late period of the war, when the German submarine fleet was getting worse. And the Allied aviation "disturbed" and reduced the orders of the "Wolf Packs" of Karl Dönitz. The boats were equipped with more powerful weapons.
But will it all work...? How can I be wrong...
In conclusion, what you are seeing now is only a small part. In fact, I took up the alteration of an existing mod. And I will do with the boats, just like with a series of Yakovlev aircraft. Therefore, I need help. If I transfer everything from the original (I mean, there will be nothing to "touch" on the weapon, except to screw in the necessary Hook if necessary). Will the weapon itself work. I would test it, but I don't have that option yet. So any advice from you would be helpful...

9078roman

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2023, 11:09:55 PM »

Attached the gun, and changed the "windows" on the hull of the boat. Made them like they are in reality just "rough" and square. I also set them up in height. For photo comparison. Today I'm moving on to the cabin. I want to make it look more detailed. And I also want to attach - "snorkel"
But here you need to find at least something suitable) ;D ;D

Shessi

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2023, 04:03:48 AM »

Looking good R,

There are plenty of resources that are very detailed from the Silent Hunter series of subs.  The SH models are modular, so like Il-2, you can rip separate parts such as snorkels, periscoprs, conning towers, weapons etc.  I mostly do models for Fs9/CFS2, and have used this method a lot. 

Use the Silent 3ditor model viewer which enables you to view and edit and export parts, which can then be imported into to your CAD prog or converted to the standard you need via another prog.

Cheers

Shessi

9078roman

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2023, 09:03:09 PM »

Thank you Shessy.

I wish I could, and wish there were some simple instructions for, say, "importing" 3d models. He would definitely do that sort of thing. How about this topic. Then I have Silent Hunter and his last part. However, there I would borrow only the cabin and nothing else. I don't like the model boats there, they were made a long time ago. And they seem wrong to me. But the game itself is very enjoyable, like all old games.

I'm far from being a genius. What I have learned to do today. In fact, it is very easy and accessible to everyone.
That is, having just a monstrous database of mods. I use my imagination to make all sorts of "new things" for you. Which for me, do not look as perfect as I would like it to be. That is, I would rather import the model from warthunder than mess around and screw on individual parts. Although I confess the series "Yakovlev" has long haunted me. Like now, the; A-20 series, He - 111, Ju-87, Il-2, they also haunt me.

When I asked about some things, I did not quite find the answers that interested me. But I would like to import. Because it's better than drawing new skins, such as painted, on the same A6M2 or other aircraft. That is, it is very energy-consuming, of course I can do it, and in a quick way (without taking off my pants), but I'm not used to it. And I'm ad nauseam striving for my "ideal" ... Sometimes it takes three months or more.

And the "port" would give me a reduction in time for such formats of work.
Then I also want to say that this needs to be "sick". In the good sense of the word. How I got sick once.When everything was just after buying a PC, to which I switched from the then X-Box 360, I wanted to play some kind of game about the aviation of the World War.II And it is the "Pacific theater of battles". And my choice fell on the IL-2 Sturmovik. And everything, from that moment on, other games, in principle, did not exist. And then I began to climb further and further. I couldn't accept "crooked" plane models and since then I've been on fire with my first mod. It was TBD -Devastrator, I think, "well, I'll just install it and that's it ..." But then I "fell" into this abyss. Which, since 2015, has not let me out of her arms...

But I'm "sick" of this game. And I love it, despite the fact that now there are many other games. And my PC is powerful enough for all this "modern shit" with the agenda, imposition, diversity, Inclusion, and and other "things" that are now coming out in our endlessly, marvelous, and rolling into the abyss world. Everything is there, beautiful graphics that are just so beautiful, that it pulls to tear. And its magnificence does not turn you on in any way. How these modern girls, who for the most part, have become similar to assembly line models. Identical and with the same installations. There are wonderful stories, that are not written by those who are "sick" of discoveries, experiments and something new. And he wrote people, who just earn... and fulfill the order. All these optimizations, and insane "Huang beams". With his new jackets ... In general, everything looks so cool, that you don’t want to at all.

Maybe, I'm getting old. But is it about old age...

Is it ... only in her?

Therefore, I made my choice in favor of the IL-2. And this choice is mutual.

As for 3D. So from the pure point of practicality of all of the above, it is this path that could bring me closer to what I aspire to. But I'm not sure I'm capable of such things. And I don't want to do it nicely.

Only - the ideal! Only forward!

No matter how much strength it takes.

We will rest with you later. And not in this world.

Shessi

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2023, 04:47:39 AM »

Ha ha...I think I understand...

Do whatever makes and keeps you happy....and going insane.. ;)

S

9078roman

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2023, 10:38:11 AM »

Thank you, that's just the way it is tonight. Today I am set to build a boat. See you soon news. :)

9078roman

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2023, 03:29:11 AM »

I keep sharing news.

I moved to the deckhouse. The changes are still minor. Added just a few details.

Most importantly, I decided to make beautiful railings on the platform itself, and I deleted the old crooked alpha channel to hell. Since my attempts to find "details" in the way that Shessi was offered to me, I simply did not succeed. Because all these Baggy-baggy, Il-2export, Maraz, and other programs are just scary and incomprehensible words for me. I act in the old fashioned way, studying photos, pictures, and continue to "pull out" the details I need from various objects, aircraft, etc.
Cutting will be the most difficult part, I have no doubt about it. Of course I don't like her. Initially, it was made very clumsily and crookedly. Its very construction and form are terrible, and it does not look like a historical one. For such "works", without even referring to the time when it was done, I would "burn" on the "holy" fires of the Inquisition.
But what is, is. As I said, trying to figure out how to pull objects and details from the same OBJ file. Didn't lead me to anything.

Damn, I even made an attempt to download this one as it is, 3D Smax ... but what's the point, I still don't understand anything about it. And all the branches of the forums did not help me. I didn't find any instructions. Maybe I'm bad at looking for the devil knows. As a result of stress and fear, I decided to delete it and never remember it again.

So I will continue to do what I can.

9078roman

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2023, 09:42:32 AM »

I screwed something to the cabin, in the evening I will look at some objects that will be useful to me in the future, and tomorrow I will continue. The most difficult part that I can't find yet is the round radar, it's there, but it's crooked, and I don't want to set an alpha channel.

Continued tomorrow. Follow the news.

in my plans to do something similar to this:

9078roman

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2023, 03:20:51 PM »

a little work with the normal map,

I'll fix it up a bit tomorrow and it will be perfect.

Shessi

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2023, 03:55:20 AM »

Good to see R,
Yes bump mapping is a good way to get the look you want without having to model extra polys.  BTW how many polys has your model now?

S

9078roman

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2023, 06:53:44 AM »

Hello Shessi.

I don't even know how many polygons there are. I can't watch them. I just screw it on the sly and something happens. Today I found a couple more details, and attached them to the deckhouse. Noted what I'll do next. Fortunately, I found a mesh under the stairs, then I'll turn on the imagination, and "screw" something else. By removing already delivered parts that do not have a historical look.

So the work is going on, I'm enjoying it. Although sometimes it is difficult, but in general the process is going well. ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 26 queries.