Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: UQMG 1946 Max - Development Log & Updates (7 Apr 2024 - Update 2)  (Read 10129 times)

RealDarko

• Modder
Re: UQMG 1946 Max Concept
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2023, 04:04:05 AM »

Nice and clear video!

larschance

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2023, 06:52:30 AM »

Hi Uberdemon. Good video. Keep up the good work. I used to have the patience for such detail but as I get older my tolerance and concentration levels have reduced. However, I appreciate the amount of work this entails and am trying to create speech packs for BAT at present so understand how one wrong line can cause problems. I hope you finish this before my sight and hearing disappears. lol.

Does your system include Trigger warnings such as a message appearing on screen if a certain aircraft or flight or situation activates near the player.

All the best.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2023, 10:05:21 AM »

Does your system include Trigger warnings such as a message appearing on screen if a certain aircraft or flight or situation activates near the player.

I have not included that feature yet, but since I will add the ability to use C&C features, adding Catsy's Triggering functions for Apparition, Start-Up, Apparition related to altitude and Messages should be possible.  I thought about adding a Tab in the main interface just for that.  So in so many words, yes, but at this point I have not given much thought how I will implement it.  I am still working on the basic functionality.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2023, 10:28:51 PM »

Modified to code to sort the countries.  Makes it a little nicer:

Also you will be able to save and load Aircraft Templates.  Say you have a specific load or config for an aircraft like the Bf-109G-6 that you use a lot... just save it as a template.   Or save as many variations as you want and load them when you want.

Moved things around in the Waypoint Editor so that the file menu to load and save Wapoint pre-sets/templates are on top.

And started working on the DB/Rule Set Creator/Aircraft Picker.

Work in progress.  Everything is loaded dynamically, so in theory changing from DOF to TGA to WAW and JTW, etc, should not take too long to develop and update.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2023, 12:50:21 AM »

This is looking awesome!!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2023, 11:57:59 PM »

Thank you.  I am pretty pleased that I am able to use some of the code and features of my development that was in progress 10 years ago.  Able to implement a hopefully convenient way to select aircraft within an era by providing some reference.  Took a lot of typing because I can't paste the objects from a project that was in a different NET library.  Or at least I do not know how.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2023, 11:43:17 PM »

Just some more work on the DB.  Not final.

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2023, 02:59:04 AM »

Getting closer everyday :)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2023, 09:10:00 PM »

Working adaptations of the 2013 code.  It would be a lot easier without distractions (you know, alcohol, kids, wife... :) )

About modes, right now, I see 3 of them, the Flight Mode, the Home Base mode and Fog of War Recon selection.

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2023, 07:15:56 AM »

One question, will you include Dawn of War and the Jet Age planeset?

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2023, 11:33:21 AM »

One question, will you include Dawn of War and the Jet Age planeset?

In so many words... yes.

Take a peek at sample part of the Air Database I am using (takes quite a few minutes to build... again because I am not a professional coder... not anymore, in years!

I included every aircraft (playable object) in BAT, across the 4 modules (DOG, TGA, WAW, JTW).  You can see here that you have aircraft spanning all eras in the sample shown.

It is not too hard to figure out.  It is the name of the Java Class (it includes things that are only used for programmatic reason, like parent classes, and even Cockpits, although I dispense with them in the DB engine because I have not found a good way to use them, yet it is easier to build the DB if I have them there, and I use them to identify which aircraft are flyable.

General Schema is:
JAVACLASS = YEAR FIRST USED = YEAR LAST USED = COLLECTION OF IL2 "TYPE" Classes (like TypeBomber)

The DB engine has a way to take the data from the last field to figure out if a plane fits into a category.  I'll have the detailed fields released with UQMG for people who like to know.  This is why I am asking if there is a way to get the list of carrier based aircraft in the Requests & Idea section.  I would figure out a way to include that in the DB, because there is no easy way to figure it from the Java Classes themselves (on their own).  (The related post is here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,71340.0.html)

Anyway, back to your question, yes, however, you can't mix and match because it would make UQMG run like a dog, and it would make it too complex.  After all, the ground objects also vary per major BAT module.

So...  In UQMG you will be able to switch versions.  You will choose whether you want to generate missions for DOF, TGA, WAW, or JTW, load that version and... viola!  (voila! I mean)

I am working primarily with the WAW set because IL-2 is primarily a WW2 Flight Sim, and it has the most objects and most complexity.  Adapting to the other modules will be easier than the other way around, and I am already incorporating features to distinguish amongst versions.

One of my end-goals is to have a universal mission generator, spanning every major version of IL-2, including the demos, and major Stock versions; not sure about the other mod packs except for the SAS MODACT.  Possibly I could tackle BOS much later but I am not that familiar with the inner workings.

To note there were some things I had to manually fix.

For example, the He-112 series did not have correct years, or years at all.  Some Java classes do not specifically have Cockpits declared... like He-112s and I_153P, I believe, and the dates for the Historical Aces are 90s%+ missing, so I did some research on viable dates they used the type...  It is sad that Albert Durand only flew in his Yak-9 from January to September of 1943 before he was killed in aerial combat (1 September).  Well maybe it is not absolutely accurate, but it is a good shot at accurate-ish.

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2023, 07:22:41 AM »

Amazing work Uber!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 25 queries.