Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UQMG 1946 Max Template Development (27 May 2024 - Natal Template - Last one before Alpha)  (Read 1895 times)

shardana

Re: UQMG 1946 Max Template Development (6 Feb 2024)
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 03:48:17 AM »

Carry on UberDemon... You're doing great. Among others that is. and let's leave all maps where they are we can have such a choice.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2024, 09:22:31 PM »

Northeastern Brazil:  Natal to Fernando de Noronha Atlantic Area.  This is the last template before the Alpha; it is complete.  I can now concentrate on polishing up the code for the Alpha.  Nevertheless, it is one I had to do.  This is the Northeast Brazil map covering the Natal to Fernando de Noronha Island/Territory.  The map is heavily populated and can support both historical and fictional scenarios.  The map is full scale so covers an area of 500x335Km.

Here is the main description for the map:

Description:  This is a full scale map based on Google Map comparison (about 375Km from Natal to Fernando de Noronha).  The map covers Northeastern Brazil, specifically Rio Grande do Norte (RN) State, focusing on the area around Natal, the state's capital.  The map covers vast area of the Atlantic Ocean and extends to Fernando de Noronha Island, a Brazilian territory.  This area had great significance in World War Two, as it included both American and Brazilian joint forces conducting submarine patrol operations against the German and Italian navies.  The US Navy deployed Catalinas, Mariners and Venturas to Natal and other bases in the Northeast region of Brazil in March of 1943.  They operated alongside a variety of Brazilian Navy and Air Force aircraft.  This area also was one of the pit-stops along the route used to ferry US heavy bombers to Africa.  The journey would begin in the US, and would move south stopping over Amapa territory (Northern part of the Amazon Forest), then proceed to Fortaleza (State of Ceara), sometimes with stops in Natal, then they would proceed through the long flight to Northwest Africa, risking AAA fire from Axis submarines and ships.  Obviously this map only represents a portion of this journey going about as far Northwest as the town of Macau, still within the relatively small state of RN (Brazil is a big country, slightly larger than Continental USA).  The large Atlantic coast was fertile ground for U-Boat operations, and presented a strategic area of importance for the Allied effort.  (Reference:  my personal research and "Brazilians at War - Brazilian Aviation in the Second World War" by Santiago Rivas, Helion and Company Limited, England, 2017, http://www.helion.co.uk)

Historical Note:  There were no combat encounters noted between German/Italian aircraft and Brazilian/American aircraft off the coast of Brazil in WW2, so for this template, since there are no Axis bases, test airbases/carriers are used, but that is of course not historically accurate.

This is the most complex map template I have designed.

A sample mission generated in UQMG is included below for screenshots.  If you want to try the mission, here it is:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/cllyln5ttno07ic/UQMG1946MaxTest0005.zip/file

I’ll post screenshots and hope this all makes sense… I’ll get back to coding in the next few days.  You know, family, work, etc…

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2024, 09:33:44 PM »

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

RealDarko

• Modder

WOW! Looks we will have fun soon enough!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

WOW! Looks we will have fun soon enough!

You may be right.  I added two last features that I thought needed to be there, namely being able to point UQMG to the IL-2 installation location, and automatically creating the directory under Missions folder for mission testing.  I was able to use the Publish function to build a release version and was able to run it in an older laptop that did not have Visual Studio installed, so I think I will be able to pack the Alpha in a Zip file without too much trouble.  I do need to release some sample content as well so standby and hopefully a public Pre-Alpha will be out soon.  I hope it works for everyone at least for testing.

RealDarko

• Modder

Fingers crossed!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Got inspired so I am finishing a preliminary guide for writing templates, then I'll add some templates and missions and it is coming out.

I figure adding some samples would help the testing.

OK, back to work.  I think it will be out earlier than I thought so... good then...

RealDarko

• Modder

Got inspired so I am finishing a preliminary guide for writing templates, then I'll add some templates and missions and it is coming out.

I figure adding some samples would help the testing.

OK, back to work.  I think it will be out earlier than I thought so... good then...

If is not too complicated I will give a try to those templates.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

The Map Building Guide Tutorial is ready.

You can read it here:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/3oy68yoqj059yk6/UQMG46MaxTemplateBuildingFiles.zip/file (This is a better download).

I am writing a quick tutorial for the Pre-Alpha.  I was going to release it, but I discovered a bug with missions that target Bridges, but I fixed it.   I am putting together the quick guide/tutorial and including some sample files for people to play them.

I packaged an un-official add on for BAT, including several mods and skins.  It can be installed with JSGME so people can easily uninstall it.  This is because the Pre-Alpha will include the ability to use several mods for people that installed them, and some sample missions will have them.  This will be released separately.  It is fairly large, but I'll worry about that after I release the Pre-Alpha.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Here is a better download:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/3oy68yoqj059yk6/UQMG46MaxTemplateBuildingFiles.zip/file (Also updated in the post above)

I updated the PDF with a hint not to place static objects in the path of the Taxi waypoints.  I also included a sample ready template, spreadsheet and some other reference materials.  Although I included information on Composite flights, please do not add them to the template when you design it.  Composite flights are implemented through the UQMG mission generation engine, and not the same way as UQMG Classic.

If you are brave and want to start working on your favorite map, you should be able to, and the Pre-Alpha is coming out within a few days.

RealDarko

• Modder

Will start working on some ideas, thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.