Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IL-2 1946 RRR project (Reclamation, Restoration, Reindexification)  (Read 3110 times)

Draken

Re: IL-2 1946 RRR project (Reclamation, Restoration, Reindex)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2024, 09:34:28 AM »

This is too complicated for my newbie skills , but I approve it .
It is proof that the game IL2-1946 belongs to its players  . And that is a great fact , because regarding  any other  recent flight sims , players can only buy a  " licence to play  " .

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2024, 09:52:00 AM »

This is too complicated for my newbie skills , but I approve it .
It is proof that the game IL2-1946 belongs to its players  . And that is a great fact , because regarding  any other  recent flight sims , players can only buy a  " licence to play  " .

Truly it is so! I have decided that we will publicly document the archiving progress and provide analytics so that players can see what is becoming “uncovered” again, and what is being preserved.

Cheers

sercrets
You get what you give.

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2024, 09:53:14 AM »

I have harddrives full of bullshit that dates back a century decade or two. Not even I know what I have and how much.
Of course I can contribute BAT and a vast collection of skins and templates. I'd be happy to participate in an uploading experience.

Fantastic stuff good sir! I will add you to the list! Looking forward to what you have to upload!

cheers

sercrets.
You get what you give.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2024, 10:12:57 AM »

sync, offers unlimited cloud storage for about 20 dollars a month. Have a look: https://www.sync.com/pricing/ if you do not see any catch 22’s we will switch to that
From first glance I don't see where you could get unlimited storage for 20 bucks there.
20 bucks would be the "Solo Professional" plan, but that one offers 6TB storage "only".
Unlimited storage is in the "Teams+ Unlimited" plan, 15 bucks per user per month (if you pay for a whole year in advance, otherwise it's 18 bucks/user/month). But you need to subscribe for 3 users minimum, so you end up with a minimum of 45 bucks per month.

Another thing about sync is that apparently their transfer speed is the no.1 downside.
Read this report for instance: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sync/comments/1ah3g2u/synccom_review_my_thoughts_switching_from_dropbox/

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2024, 10:17:46 AM »

sync, offers unlimited cloud storage for about 20 dollars a month. Have a look: https://www.sync.com/pricing/ if you do not see any catch 22’s we will switch to that
From first glance I don't see where you could get unlimited storage for 20 bucks there.
20 bucks would be the "Solo Professional" plan, but that one offers 6TB storage "only".
Unlimited storage is in the "Teams+ Unlimited" plan, 15 bucks per user per month (if you pay for a whole year in advance, otherwise it's 18 bucks/user/month). But you need to subscribe for 3 users minimum, so you end up with a minimum of 45 bucks per month.

Another thing about sync is that apparently their transfer speed is the no.1 downside.
Read this report for instance: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sync/comments/1ah3g2u/synccom_review_my_thoughts_switching_from_dropbox/

]cheers[
Mike

Hmm I see (I was out the door on the way to work when I sent that so I didn’t have much time to look at it… Is there an online data service you know of that is decent? Or would it just be best to bear the google drive for now and put up with its “limits”. Perhaps it would be easier for me to supply everyone with their own drive login… That is less than ideal due to the costs involved…

Any ideas are very welcome…

cheers,

sercrets
You get what you give.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2024, 11:29:42 AM »

I think it's important to have something to start with and then walk up our way through experience.
I've just read a couple of reports here - https://www.cloudwards.net/best-unlimited-online-storage-providers/ - and according to their tests the speeds you get from the providers tested are pretty close to each other.
Even Jotta is considered "slow" there, which honestly I can't confirm, but at least it tells us that "slow" isn't necessarily "slow".
We really need to test it ourselves.

]cheers[
Mike

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2024, 12:13:17 PM »

I think it's important to have something to start with and then walk up our way through experience.
I've just read a couple of reports here - https://www.cloudwards.net/best-unlimited-online-storage-providers/ - and according to their tests the speeds you get from the providers tested are pretty close to each other.
Even Jotta is considered "slow" there, which honestly I can't confirm, but at least it tells us that "slow" isn't necessarily "slow".
We really need to test it ourselves.

]cheers[
Mike

Right, start something instead of having nothing… Power went out at the airport here today so I have some free time, I’ll look into it. I think it may just be that public cloud services are way slower than having your own NAS… Oh well, we will just have to deal with it. I will create a message group with all the known “monks”. Look out for that in the upcoming days.

For anyone uploading stuff I will once again state, there is no mandate that you must index everything. If you can index the things you have and wish to; it will certainly help. However it is NOT NECESSARY. I would rather have heaps of data that I have no clue what it is for than a few gigs of well documented stuff. Therefore do not think that you need to index it and therefore be discouraged against uploading due to the work load…

Cheers,

sercrets.
You get what you give.

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2024, 12:20:46 PM »

Mike, I found this interesting reference page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEd65XDW3gBHnRsJ0rbq3V_B28mKySHiMPAZvArHiiA/htmlview#gid=0

It references things like bandwidths and max storage across a variety of providers…

Cheers,

sercrets
You get what you give.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2024, 01:09:47 AM »

From a first glance everything is as expected.
You get unlimited plans for a single user at a reasonable rate, but no chance for a team of users unless you sell your lung and your liver.
10TB for 10 bucks from Blomp, where uploading 1GB takes 10 minutes.
Of 15 bucks from iDrive, where downloading 1GB takes 3 minutes.
Or 63 bucks from OpenDrive, where speeds are really uncapped up to 10TB transfer per month.
IOW: You get what you paid for.

]cheers[
Mike

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2024, 04:10:57 AM »

So I will wait a bit until a decision is taken. First thing I would like to upload my skin collection.

Mike it is really great that you manage to preserve the full C6_Dore site my comment was based on what I could access. I have been a user and downloader from this site since day 1 maybe inadvertently contributing to the excessive bandwidth use eh eh.

if all that material is there this will save quite a bit of uploading time

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2024, 07:41:50 AM »

Yes I can assure that C6_Dore's stuff is all in place.
7184 files in 345 folders, 170GB in total.

]cheers[
Mike

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2024, 09:25:10 AM »

Yes I can assure that C6_Dore's stuff is all in place.
7184 files in 345 folders, 170GB in total.

]cheers[
Mike

I mean, I hate to suggest it but why pay for multiple accounts? Why not just share a centralized login? We are all working on the same thing, it would just be like me logging into a different computer to work on the same project.

cheers

sercrets
You get what you give.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 27 queries.