Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcement: UQMG 1946 Max Development Updates (1 Oct 2024)  (Read 2883 times)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

I tried to merge with my BAT Flashpoint HF4 but there was no executable line. i.e. UQMG1946.exe as you state in your notes. So I pressed the UQMG1946Max application and was advised to download the NET windows runtime 6.0.31 but am reluctant to start manually adding files which will take time. Of course I may have pressed the wrong line but your instructions do not list the 9 different lines and what they mean.

Sorry if I am being a numbskull but I hate altering a working file unless absolutely necessary.

OK I apologize.  I made a wrong statement above which I will correct.  UQMG's target library is in fact NET 6.0, so the fact that Microsoft is telling you to install the library is absolutely the right thing to do.  That would have happened if you installed another application that required the library.  Because it is an MS product it is safe to install.  I am actually kinda glad.  What this means is that people that have that installed (apparently all the PCs in my house) will be able to run UQMG Max right away, and those who do not will have the prompt for the necessary library file from Microsoft.

This is what your installation directory should look like:

As you can see from the Visual Studio Environment, the target library is in fact NET 6.0 :

In so many words, this is exactly what you should do... install the libraries.  They will not interfere with anything else.  It will simply give you the ability to have compatibility built in Windows to handle more applications.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:

I am very, very excited to see this finally releasing... The future is now! Give me a few days to finish high school and I will happily test!

cheers

sercrets

Well heck, high school is like what...  less than a decade?  Since I have been doing this since around 2000, hey that is no time at all!  I am more interested in seeing your RRR succeeding.

Just finishing up some assignments in the next week and taking final examinations... Then I am done, assuming I do not fail.

Thanks for the kind words regarding RRR, I am very hopeful it will lead to great discoveries!

cheers,

sercrets
You get what you give.

larschance

FYI I have the nine lines in the directory but the '.exe' is missing from the UQMGMax and jsgme lines.

larschance

Okay. I have UQMG installed and will try it out tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

FYI I have the nine lines in the directory but the '.exe' is missing from the UQMGMax and jsgme lines.

This happens when your Anti-Virus / Malware protection automatically removes files (particularly executables) it does not know or like.  Open the Zip file in explorer or WinZip or other extractor, and the file should be there.  You may need to manually drag the files out.  You still may get a message from Windows saying it is potentially dangerous or some nonsense like that.  You will need to remove it from quarantine and restore it.  I do not have Windows 11 so I am not sure if that is an issue.  Once you restore them, you can run your scan on both.  You should see nothing there, since JSGME is fairly well known, and my program, well I just wrote it before the final Release built and literally all it does is creating text files in the syntax that IL-2 understands.  It is a glorified text editor/creator with some logic built in to deal with IL-2 stuff!  :D

This may be related to Data Execution Prevention (DEP).  Mike (SAS~Storebror) posted a good article on that:
* https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,71235.0.html

Might as well post his comments on DPI scaling as well just in case (although that has nothing to do with the Exe files disappearing):
* Here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,72115.0.html
* And here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59691.msg657572.html#msg657572
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.  (** Alienware Aurora R7 / i7-8700 3.20GHz / 16GB RAM / Win 10 x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 **)

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Just finishing up some assignments in the next week and taking final examinations... Then I am done, assuming I do not fail.

Thanks for the kind words regarding RRR, I am very hopeful it will lead to great discoveries!

cheers,

sercrets

For anyone interested the RRR project is a mega effort led by sercrets which has the intent to catalog and make available as much IL-2 content as possible (mods, modpacks, missions, third-party supporting software for IL-2, etc...)

I am sure this will take some time, some planning and many of you will die to make this work.  But this is a risk that sercrets (and I) are willing to take.  :D

More here:  [ More about this exciting new RRR effort here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,72611.msg790366.html#msg790366 ]

sercrets

• Missioneer
    • Discord:

many of you will die to make this work.  But this is a risk that sercrets (and I) are willing to take.  :D

More here:  [ More about this exciting new RRR effort here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,72611.msg790366.html#msg790366 ]

:) It may kill both of us off, who knows  ]dontknow[ lol

cheers,

sercrets
You get what you give.

RealDarko

• Modder

Ok, first mission I generated in Norway ended with me and the enemy flights appearing all in the same exact point in the air exploding everyone. Needs to do more tests!

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

That happens depending on where you place the planes on spawn.  Obviously you can't have 45 planes take off at the same location.  If you start on the air or flying over the base that will work.  For Taxi and Takeoff, you need to use the Spawn feature.  So first 1-4 planes move and take off then you can experiment how long they take to leave spawn area then the next wave spawns.

You can only use the original Spawn points once.  That is an IL-2 feature/limitation.  If you try to use a second flight with the same generic spawn point, the planes will explode, bounce or nose down.  If you use something like a P-39 or P-38 sometimes it will work but I do not use that in UQMG programming.  That is why in the initial flight, they will be at their spawn points, and then for subsequent waves, they will line up in the first taxi-takeoff waypoint.

You can mess around with moving the taxi and takeoff waypoint in the Waypoint editor but that is an advanced technique, if you will.

I recommend going through the Tutorial or loading up one of the 30 or so sample missions I included.  Go to the File menu in the interface, and Open UQMG file.  There are two folders, one with the Tutorial "solutions" and one with PreAlpha sample missions.  27 if I recall...  Each mission has detailed briefing that explains what concept is being explored, and each one suggest ground object settings in the Sector Selector Tab.

Take a look at the included mission below and observe the highlighted areas.  That shows you a solution... but there are several ways to do this with experimentation.

Note that the first wave is in the spawning points and all others are in lineup fashion.  That is why I indicate in the Map template building guide that thinking location through is important for both spawn points and taxi waypoints.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder

Note that in the Waypoint Editor you can pick sections, and you can modify them, including moving the coordinates in bulk fashion.  The Clones will adust automatically.  For cloning formations you can pick the UQMG Classic formation which is an Asterisk, and you can use the new Large Box formation feature.  In the future I plan to have more formations.  You can use Patrols to assemble flights or keep them at a location for a longer time.  The waypoint editor gives the mission designer incredible power and flexibility.

Dimlee

That is what happen when you ask for AI to generate a P-47 in hell...

At this point, a whole Jug's fans community is offended because a P-47 belongs to heaven, exclusively!  :P

Thank you for your work.  ]thumleft[
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.