Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT 4.2.3 - object disappearance  (Read 963 times)

Seppel

• Mapper
BAT 4.2.3 - object disappearance
« on: October 18, 2024, 03:17:08 PM »

Hello all of you!

I have a .. I think graphics problem.
I only recently updated my game to BAT 4.2.3 - I really like it!

But I had to notice, that a lot of objects just disappear in the 3D and 2D view. I could not see any rule that makes it possible to say which objects.
I first saw that with a church, that might be one of the Slovakia churches.

Now I turned the game into a Map Editor and here the problem escalated. Jettys, Buildings, road objects ...
They appear, if I zoom out reeaaly far, but as I close in ... *poff*

I doubble checked in the game and there were whole airfields gone!

I must admit, that I checked only in my maps (BalticSea and Jamaica).
I had an exchange with one mate, but he was at least no "graphics expert". So I want to ask all of you..

Has anybody watched this effect before?
Is this a known problem?
Has anyone such problems with one of my maps .. f.e. Silesia, BalticSea, Eastern Frisia?

This did not happened in version 4.2, which I used before.

Thanks in advance.
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

Seppel

• Mapper
Re: BAT 4.2.3 - object disappearance
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 03:46:51 PM »

I can add the fact, that the problem is not "constant".

The objects that disappear vary. I checked one airfiel in WAW, than in DOF .. there were the most of the objects missing in WAW, but nearly ALL in DOF.
One train station dissappeared in the first test in DOF, but did not disappear in the second test in DOF !!??
Kleinigkeiten machen die Vollkommenheit aus, aber Vollkommenheit ist keine Kleinigkeit.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 08:21:10 PM »

Does this occur with older stock maps which have few buildings, meaning generally quite lightly populated?

Does your log.lst file show any Java errors, or other atypical entries?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Seppel

• Mapper
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 12:15:17 PM »

No!

It seems only to happen with my own maps.

Today I wanted to make a screenshot of the Kopenhagen airport, because yesterday nearly all objects where gone!
But now the airfield was fine!? But at other places the error occur again?

Seppel

• Mapper
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2024, 01:12:50 PM »

I just opened "English Channel Spring - canonUK" and there was the same effect.

"Northern Bavaria" and "Aragon" as well

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2024, 12:53:40 AM »

Hi Seppel,

From your report in this thread and another report you sent via PM, I see two separate issues we need to address:

• Objects disappearing based on viewing distance: These objects are visible from a distance but disappear when you zoom in.
  • Completely absent objects: For instance, a harbour wall that isn't just invisible, but planes can travel through its position without damage. Note that visibility isn't an indicator for damage in IL-2, making this a distinct issue.

Given the unlikelihood of these two similar issues appearing simultaneously and independently, it's wise to identify a common baseline. The underlying problem seems to be with the game's ability to load certain LOD (level of detail) models.
In case 1, the game can load certain LODs but not all.
In case 2, none of the LODs are loaded, so the entire object is discarded.
This likely points to either a file system issue (where parts of or entire 3D models become inaccessible, whether it's the 3D model itself or its materials/textures) or a severe memory issue. In either case, there should be some log output when the game attempts to load or draw an object and fails—this is unavoidable.
Especially for case 2, where the object cannot be instantiated at all, the log will undoubtedly reflect this.

To proceed, we'll need the following from you:

• Your conf.ini
  • Your il2fb.ini
  • After witnessing case 1 (objects disappearing when zooming in): The contents of log.lst
  • After witnessing case 2 (objects being completely absent): The contents of log.lst

For points 3 and 4, please carefully trigger the issue without mixing both issues. Once the issue occurs, immediately exit the game and save the log.lst to post here. Restarting the game will cause the log content to be lost.
Please avoid sending "random" logs or combining the two issues in a single log. And don’t simply say "there are no errors in the log"—there will be; you might just not have noticed them.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2024, 01:31:47 AM »

This.

...is what I said should happen.

FYI, I verified pictures taken by Seppl in my own game. I have no such issues as depicted in any circumstance (and heaven knows, I do have fuckery with graphics a plenty, thanks AMD). I would also rule this a setup issue of some sort.

Seppel

• Mapper
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2024, 06:06:03 PM »

Okay ...

Lazy as I am, I tried an advice by vampire and copied an example conf.ini from BAT 4.0 thread.

The error seems to have vanished. The .. "reference facilities" from BalticSea are okay now.
I will do some testing and try to look where the essential line in the conf.ini was...

Thanks to all of you so far!!!
I'll report back.

Seppel

• Mapper
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 04:40:35 PM »

The error is back!?

It worked all well and now concrete airfield plates are all gone!!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 11:36:02 PM »

Be a bit more specific. What texture, what behavior exactly? Just that texture or others too?
And what about the logs?

Seppel

• Mapper
« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:54:08 AM »

I will, didn't have time up to now.

How do I post these conf.ini stuff the way you do it?
So one can scroll through it.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #11 on: Today at 01:11:38 AM »

Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 26 queries.