Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QMT Quick Mission Tuner update  (Read 4099 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
QMT Quick Mission Tuner update
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »

As an avid campaign builder, I used to use QMT (by Shift_E), a lot. But it is slowly losing its usefulness due to more and more MOD planes arriving on the scene.

To simply add an aircraft to QMT is pretty easy, albeit a bit of hit and miss, as I don't understand all the parts of the entries in the QMT-aircraft.txt lists. And when it comes to the QMT_weapons.txt I fail for the most time to get it right...

So I wonder: is there anyone out there with a correct and up-to-date set of .txt files for QMT? Please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top?  :-\

I love this little program, and sure would like to go on using it.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: QMT Quick Mission Tuner update
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:10:35 AM »

People,
            the last version of PeterD Toolbox:

http://www.ecpdesign.net/tools.php?subaction=showfull&id=1252102954&archive=&start_from=&ucat=9&

Inludes (by my request) an extra function that creates the files for the QMT. The problem is that it was beta in the last release of PeterD tool, and I gave some feedback to him about it (because it didn't create the files properly), but it helps a little to just work the output of PeterD Toolbox to make the files QMT ready.

If some of you know PeterD, could suggest him to continue the development of his tool. Now it is more required even to line up our huge air.ini's, plane_ru.properties's, etc. and it could solve the problem with the QMT.

The other way of action could be convincing Shift E to make his app read the direct air.ini, weapons_ru.properties and plane_ru.properties (an approach I would have ever prefered as a developer, instead of using my own configuration file system). But it would be the best.

Regards,
                      Pablo

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »

Gerax!

Would you care to post the results here, for all to use? Please..  :o
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

Ok, D/L-ed Peter D's program, and has started to try it.

What buttons produces the QMT output?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 03:28:54 PM »

Gerax!

Yes, it seems to work! Not perfectly, but good enough for QMT to be useful again! THANKS!

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »

Gerax and Poltava,

the main problem I saw with it was that there are a couple of things that never were clear in the way the QMT reads the QMT_Aircraft.txt. The format is this:

F,A-20G (1943),A_20G,,,*,3
A,Avenger MK.III (1944),TBM3AVENGER3,AvengerMkIII,,,3

We know that the F means Flyable and A means AI only. The problem are the strange numbers at the end, which are alternately 2, 3, 12, 23 or 123. What do they mean? It is hard to understand. As you said, the output for the planes coming from the PeterD toolbox work for the planes, but the problem is that the way QMT determines which plane is Red or Blue, is unknown too. The biggest problem is with the weapons, that now I don't remember exactly, but were not available as required.

Is Shift E in the forum? Does he have another nickname? I really consider a pity that his program doesn't read the .ini's and .propertie's of the IL-2 itself.

Regards,
                         Pablo

Chardom

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:30:18 AM »

The signification of the number 1, 2, 3 is certainly: 1=winter, 2=summer, 3=desert. That means 12=winter+summer, 123=winter+summer+desert, etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.