Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: F-86J WIP BETA V0.09  (Read 37633 times)

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
Re: F-86J WIP BETA V0.09
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »

LOL, You must have slept through all the earlier mess Wad, you walked in on a conversation that was already over mate.........

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »

My point was/is all through this web site there is a person who isn't happy with the hard work that goes on. I have no idea what goes into making an aircraft or a mod but it can't be easy and these guys don't ask for any in return. That was it. Enough already. Ok?

George Formby of the AVG

• Retired Grunt
  • Retired Grunt
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »

Yeah were all pals again!!

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 02:55:06 AM »

Before anything 'flames up' here again, this is what the story is:

- There was an issue with the mod. People argued, people apologized, people got over it
- Storebror and a few of us have cleared the air and are now working together
- Expect some future versions of the missiles from Storebror
- Expect some awesome jets that use said missiles from a bunch of rowdy modders that frequent here ;)

For now enjoy Storebror's work as it was intended :)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »

Yes, we are all freinds . I have been playing my ultimate fantasy 1946 scenario, where South African Sabres armed with missiles repel an Allied invasion spearheaded by b29's flying from Spain...yes, I know, but I am twisted that way :D

Members of the community might be interested in knowing what underhanded political tactics we used to resolve this, and I will happily share with you what we did and how we did it:

We put SAS~Malone in a thong, and sent him to Storebror's bachelor party, along with a note that at any time Storbror would be friends with us again, we would make Malone stop. :D

Cheers!
CirX

AIRdomination

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »

I found a bug in V0.09...

My friendlies can see the HUD message when I engage/disengage the missile. So if I plan to shoot them they know its coming LOL.

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »

Sorry I over reacted. I gues it was one post to many after not saying something before. Ok, I'll stand down.

Redman

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »

Yes, we are all freinds . I have been playing my ultimate fantasy 1946 scenario, where South African Sabres armed with missiles repel an Allied invasion spearheaded by b29's flying from Spain...yes, I know, but I am twisted that way :D

Members of the community might be interested in knowing what underhanded political tactics we used to resolve this, and I will happily share with you what we did and how we did it:

We put SAS~Malone in a thong, and sent him to Storebror's bachelor party, along with a note that at any time Storbror would be friends with us again, we would make Malone stop. :D

Cheers!
CirX

Now that was a laugh my fucking ass off moment!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:25 AM »

Now that this is public, I can go on making a fool of myself since things cannot become worse :D

Sorry I (...)
Ah forget it, I already forgot it as well ;)

Most important thing now is to avoid Malone getting out of the chamber unless he swaps the thong for something less dangerous to everyone's eyes :D
Second most important thing will be to get the bugs sorted, but I beg for your patience since I'm currently on vacation and rarely get in touch with anything PC-related at all, at least as far as I can avoid to.

My friendlies can see the HUD message
Yes, confirmed. Stupid me, I forgot to check one parameter in the HUD line. Will be sorted in the next version.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »

darn...i thought the thong would have gone well...... 8) ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

pdittrich

• CRM114
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 10:24:47 AM »

as this is a beta, you might wish to be notified that dropping the mk12 causes a system error on my machine. not instantly, but at the point of ime where the bomb probably hits the ground. "00000x50e couldn't read memory 0100f0" or similar it reads. it continues with "press okay to shut down 'il-2fb'. " :(
sidewinder and guns work fine.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »

This is likely due to the damage caused by the MK12 nuke.
Try to drop the bomb at some empty area or over water to see if that helps.
Since there is massive damage done by the bomb in a large area, the number of particles/polys/simultaneous effects can easily exceed the system's limit causing unpredictable errors.
Usually enabling texture compression in the conf.ini can be a work around here, but I agree that this is something which requires further investigation.
Would be helpful if you could cross-check this issue by dropping the MK12 into empty area as stated above, then disable any additional effects mods if applicable, and as a last step maybe cross-check this with the B-29SP nuke bomber to see whether the same issue applies here as well.

Thanks for the bug report and best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 24 queries.