Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update  (Read 59283 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »

Yes, VERY nice skins! Gives real life to this aircraft - and it shows the importance of good skins. Hope you will post them soon!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

saab ja26

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »

WOW! I'm liking these skins! Very nice work.
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

El_Marta

• Dedicated Bomber Squadron [DBS]
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2010, 03:25:50 AM »

Speaking about LODs.

I am using the plane with UP 2.01 and I noticed that the 45 and other modded planes disappear quite early when zooming out with the outside view camera. May be due to some graphics settings. Does anybody know this problem?

<Gunny>

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »

Speaking about LODs.

I am using the plane with UP 2.01 and I noticed that the 45 and other modded planes disappear quite early when zooming out with the outside view camera. May be due to some graphics settings. Does anybody know this problem?

I use UP and my friend Has HSFX we both have had this and I have also ask about it.

SAS~Loku

• SAS Team
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »

Its all caused by Fatduck default LOD settings,its set for 500m and there is no LOD1 to load so model disappear.Speaking about LODs,no matter how powerfull your PC is,they should be included,at least 1 or 2 to avoid FPS drop.
P7a/P11c/f/g P24a/b/e/f/g PZL23/42 PWS-10/26 R-XIII RWD-10/14 GeeBeeR1/R2/Granville P-45 , WhippetMkI, Sdkfz-234/1/2, Kurogane, TKS, Wz.29/34 and some other shit XD

El_Marta

• Dedicated Bomber Squadron [DBS]
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »

My grief is not the fps drop but the  premature disappeare
ance of the plane at a too short distance. I think this is worse than in Rise of Flight.

I really do like the He 51 which I first met in "Luftwaffe Commander" and I always have hoped somebody would make it flyable, but it would be even better if the visibility distance would be the same as it is with the other planes.

What is fatduck`s settings? How can I improve this on my own?

There are many other mod planes which do not show this behaviour. I would kindly ask DreamK to do as the others do and add some lod files, if this is causing my problem.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »

What is fatduck`s settings? How can I improve this on my own?

If you want to fix disappearing He-45 and He-51, you can look inside 3do/plane folder in those mods. Open every .msh file in notepad or any other text editor. If the file is readable, you'll find lines

[LOD]

close to the beginning of file. If you find these lines, then change 500 to 2000 (if you don't want the plane to disappear) or to 1000 (if you want more FPS and disappearing distance similar to Me-262) and save. You can start from large parts (CF, engine, tail, wings), continue editing smaller parts (keel, stabs) and control surfaces (ailerons, vators, rudder) until disappearing parts don't annoy you anymore. You can leave small parts like gears and prop without editing. That value below [LOD] simply determines how far that part is visible.

<Gunny>

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2010, 03:45:45 PM »

Thank You very much Birdman- that fixed it. Now I can see the  HE51C-1 out to 1.5k and they never disappear. FPS stayed good also 74 to 113 not bad.
Again Thank you.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2010, 01:53:44 AM »

The question how far can you see another aircraft is a difficult one to answer as it differs whether we speak of a pedestrian looking up in the sky a an airliner, of a pilot looking at a runway down below or of a pilot looking in the sky for another plane. This last case is the one of interest here. the information available on in this is quite interesting:

"Human beings and other species depend upon a number of sources of information, widely referred to as depth or distance cues, to judge the distances to objects. Some of these are physiological depth cues, like the convergence of the eyes as objects approach the observer, changes in the shape of the lens for objects at different distances (called accommodation) and stereoscopic depth perception. The range of distances for which accommodation and convergence are effective is quite limited, only a few meters (Hochberg, 1971). Stereopsis may function to a distance of 1,100 meters or so (Gogel & Mertz, 1989).

US Army research has shown that the average Visual identification range among trained personal can reach an average 1270 meters.

"An aircraft at a distance of 7 miles which appears in sharp focus with the foveal center of vision would have to be as close as 7/10 of a mile (= 1126meters) in order to be recognized if it were outside of foveal vision." Federal Aviation Administration Airman's Information Manual (AIM) Section: 8-1-6 Vision in Flight

It seems, indeed, that the logical conclusion is that, in Il2, we need to allow planes top be seen from a distance of 1200 meters. Whether this is currently best done by using a single LOD1200 instead of the present LOD500, or by adding a second LOD1200 to the present LOD500 must be answered by trial - the criteria being how this influences the fps and the esthetical  perception.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2010, 07:45:55 AM »

Looking farward to the Lod question , I believe that , in the spirit of the last post before mine , a new discussion should be opened to arrive at a common decision and a future LOD unification!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2010, 01:51:59 PM »

Are there any more skins around for this bird?

I am especially looking for early war Luftwaffe skins. I'm working on a Invasion of Poland campaign, for Uzins upcoming map, and it would be great to be able to include the He-45 in it.

As they were actually used by the Luftwaffe in September 1939, ok, only nine of them - but still! And it gives those poor PZL P.11's a somewhat more easy target - for a change...
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

PA_Asís

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »

Poltava, I have this skins but both of them are for trainers aeroplanes. Have you any profile or picture....? I can made one for your campaign very quickly, but I need a model, O.k.? 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 24 queries.