Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update  (Read 59284 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Ready to DL - He45C "Pavo" v1.1 update
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:34 AM »

jsgme? i would think this should rather be put in the mods folder... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »

This is just something to check out, as it has happened to me a number of times.

When unpacking a zipped/rar file, be sure that you place the correct folder into your MODS folder. Sometimes the real mod is placed one folder deeper than the resulting folder-structure when unzipped  and then the mod won't load properly and you can get a 60% ctd.

This mod's folder structure should therefore look like this:

MODS/He45/3do ....

If you have a folder between MODS and the He45 folder, then you'll get a 60% ctd.

In my haste to install new aircraft this has happened to me often enough that I should know better by now. But it still happens anyway. Luckily this kind of faulty folder structure is very simple to find and rectify.

Now this may not be your problem, but just to be sure, I'd suggest you check it out anyway. Never hurts to eliminate possibilities.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »

you cannot install a new plane through JSGME. it cannot edit files, only swop them out. It will entirely fuck up you game. Unless you know 100% exactly without any questions or even a shadow of a doubt, how to pre-load and install new mods with JSGME, and know perfectly what the application's capabilities and limitations are, dont use it. Enable or disable the mods that were packed into it by the UP or HSFX guys, and leave it at that.

And DONT install new planes or objects or any mod that requires an addition to an exsisting ini or properties file, with it.

Eraser

« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »

Removed the file placement by jsgme.  I know all it does is move files and that it doesn't edit anything.

Made sure the file structure was right in MODS folder, still no go.

I tried the He51 and its the same thing, again only putting it in the mods folder and adding the data to air.ini, not touching jsgme ever.  Same damn 60% crash.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2010, 01:18:05 PM »

Eraser, this is sounding more like you need to read up a bit more on installing planes in the available guides.
at least, rather make a new thread about your problem in the Tech help section, rather than filling up this thread with your problem - you're the only one who has this issue, and i can guarantee that you are doing something wrong.
either you've made a mistake with your entries, or are using an incorrect file structure, or such. either way, it'll be better to help you in tech help than to fill up the plane's thread with one user's problems. in that thread, also give more details of your game version, which mod version you're running, and such details that'll help us to help you.
judging from what you've already posted, it's apparent that you are relatively new to this modding stuff, so i'd also recommend you have a read through the available tutorials.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »

Hi dl'd it yesterday and it worked ok right away. I dl'd it because I think it could double as a Dutch Fokker C V, about the same size and speed. Going to post a skinrequest right away. Thanks for this plane

David Prosser

« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »

jsgme? i would think this should rather be put in the mods folder... ;)

[DJP]  I put it [HE45] in the mods folder. It appears in HSFX 4.11 minus a cockpit view. I had the same problem in UP 1.8 with the early Bf 109 pack. I have the latest Buttons. I added the downloadable cockpits, and there was a cockpit view. Have you any ideas what I should do to get the F1 view for the He 45. It looks OK in F2. I loaded the He51 in Mods, and it's OK. I only needed a air.ini file. The Cr32 didn't. There was a 60% crash. I'll re-insert it with the other two files included. Ditto for the P-35, Ju 88 C, and Hs-219. I have them.

happy landings

David Prosser

David Prosser

« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2010, 05:15:05 AM »

Of course I will a special version of the "Attack on Malaga" campaign. And I'll do it gladly!  ;D

[DJP] I've played "Philipine Peashooter", and "To lose a battle" in the last few days. I use HSFX 4.11.
The Hawk is good at turning 109s into aluminum showers.

I've got the He 45. I can see the F2 view, but no F1. I had the same problem with the early 109 pack in UP1.8. I'd forgotten to add cockpits. However, I'm not sure what to re-name the He45 cockpit, and where to put it. I've made  a Mods folder with a STD folder in it. That's good for adding planes. Even then it sometimes does a 60 % crash if you don't have plane.ru, and weapon.ru. I'm about to add the CR32, with all three entries. Ditto the P-35, Ju88-C, and He 219.

happy landings

David Prosser

<Gunny>

« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »

[DJP] I've played "Philipine Peashooter", and "To lose a battle" in the last few days. I use HSFX 4.11.
The Hawk is good at turning 109s into aluminum showers.

I've got the He 45. I can see the F2 view, but no F1. I had the same problem with the early 109 pack in UP1.8. I'd forgotten to add cockpits. However, I'm not sure what to re-name the He45 cockpit, and where to put it. I've made  a Mods folder with a STD folder in it. That's good for adding planes. Even then it sometimes does a 60 % crash if you don't have plane.ru, and weapon.ru. I'm about to add the CR32, with all three entries. Ditto the P-35, Ju88-C, and He 219.

happy landings

David Prosser

Do you have the UP-Todate buttons file and the DIFF_FM_Mod
in your MODS folder???

If not you need them.

David Prosser

« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »

Do you have the UP-Todate buttons file and the DIFF_FM_Mod
in your MODS folder???

If not you need them.

[DJP]  I just did that. UNI folder is in Mods. Still no cockpit for the He45. BTW when you use anything but default [small d] for weapons of the He45, there is a mission loading error. I even made a separate cockpit file called Cockpit_He45. No dice. It looks OK in F2.

happy landings

David Prosser

redko

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »

I got the same, no pit for the plane....i'm gonna check this again.  ::) ::) ::)
Is there another mod needed maybe ?

I have my Diff_FM_Mod installed too.

redko

« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »

can't download "glass_dark mat"...

I have a "glass dark tga" file on the pit folder but no glass_dark mat....so i guess the DL link is corrupted  :(
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.