Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: Fokker G.1 v2 uptd. 01/10/2011 -full skinable  (Read 117029 times)

Berserker

• HOKA HEY!!!!!!!
Re: Fokker G.1 v1.1
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »

Maybe if you try to find some file button  somewhere else inside the simulator, must have only a buttons file inside the simulator

robonave

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2010, 10:54:44 PM »

Thank you, wonderful model!

saab ja26

« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »

I'm running UP 2.0.1 w/ latest buttons file. I got both cockpits to work by going into JSGME and disabling oo_Hakenkruz_Enabler, went into my IL2 1946 main folder's config ini file and under the game section added 'HakenAllowed=0 and saved it. Worked like a charm. If this still doesn't work depending on your install you may have do this... In your MODS folder open FokkerG1, open 3do, open cockpit folder, open FOKKERG1, look for LABELS3.mat and copy and rename it LABELS3_HAKEN.mat. I understand there should be both LABELS3.mat and LABELS3_HAKEN.mat in this folder. Experimented with both ways before posting and they both work fine for me. Hope this helps anyone havin trouble still.

S!
 :)
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

SAS~Sani

• Shredder
  • SAS Team
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

No chance to achieve this values with actual FM.Plane is simply 100km/h slower as it should be.Sorry,until FM update no use for me  :(

- edit - Rawners, i looked into the FM file and it points to the mercury VIII engine, it has 675 horsepower instead of the 830 horsepower of the Fokker G1A. You should create a VIII-GI subclass emd with the right HP. So a tip for a new buttons file.....

I don't have a problem reaching speeds from the above graph with these engines...and as you can see,it still has a bit too good climb rate.

David603

« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »

I'm running UP 2.0.1 w/ latest buttons file. I got both cockpits to work by going into JSGME and disabling oo_Hakenkruz_Enabler, went into my IL2 1946 main folder's config ini file and under the game section added 'HakenAllowed=0 and saved it. Worked like a charm. If this still doesn't work depending on your install you may have do this... In your MODS folder open FokkerG1, open 3do, open cockpit folder, open FOKKERG1, look for LABELS3.mat and copy and rename it LABELS3_HAKEN.mat. I understand there should be both LABELS3.mat and LABELS3_HAKEN.mat in this folder. Experimented with both ways before posting and they both work fine for me. Hope this helps anyone havin trouble still.

S!
 :)
Don't know why it should make a difference, but I'm running UP 2.0 (haven't updated to 2.01 because I have a zillion mods added on top and can't be bothered), with Hakenkruz enabler on, and the Fokker works just fine the way it came. Both cockpits work, and apart from the missing gunsight reticule everything works. I can even put it in German markings and have Swastika's on the tail if I want :D

David603

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2010, 12:07:28 AM »

I don't have a problem reaching speeds from the above graph with these engines...and as you can see,it still has a bit too good climb rate.
To me that graph looks like the plane is too light or has too much wing area, but is underpowered. (best turn rate of 16 seconds is insane, this bird turns inside an A6M2 ;))

HuBoBe

« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2010, 01:24:50 AM »

Well, it did have a very good turn rate for a twin engine, but I need to look up some data about that. (Got it, but on my broken PC, so allow me a bit of time to get it fro mthe PC or an expert on the subject).
I think it also need a look at the firepower. It´s weak if you consider that it´s a bundle of 8 MG´s pointing straight forward.
Also added: The Dutch used 7.9 mm ammo instead of the usual 7,7 mm (.303) ammo (no idea if such things can be changed also). So actually the Brownings they ordered were specially made to suit the standard ammo of the Dutch army.

michel_boonstra1974

• Modder
    • Michel's video corner
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »

The G.1 is a Frankenplane with as it seems the engine was based on the Finnish Fokker D.XXI, the  Sarja 4 version which has a Pratt & Whitney 1535 Twin Wasp Junior. This engine is less powerful and way more heavy (400 kg!!) than the 830 hp Bristol Mercury VIII.
The modded Dutch flyable D.XXI suffers the same fate, this one has P&W performance as well.
Try to chase a Stuka, for instance.. you can't even get close enough to see the reargunner's middle finger  ;D

Mind you, the Fokker G.1A had the 830 hp Bristol Mercury VIII, but the export version, the G.1B was equipped with 750 hp P&W Twin Wasps.

David603

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2010, 03:37:09 AM »

Try to chase a Stuka, for instance.. you can't even get close enough to see the reargunner's middle finger  ;D
I was flying lead of a formation of 4 Ju87B-2's (Veteran AI) and we were attacked by 4 G.1s(Veteran AI). Ditching bombs, we turned to attack and in the ensuing dogfight 3 of the G.1s were shot down and one damaged for the loss of 1 Stuka and two damaged. I scored 2 kills myself, but the AI Stuka's did well too, after my Stuka was suffered engine damage and I could no longer catch the remaining 2 G.1s myself, I ordered my No.2 to attack and he promptly chased down and destroyed a G.1 :D

BTW, the G.1 is incredibly vulnerable to even the lightest calibres of rounds, even a two second burst from a pair of rifle calibre MGs can easily set the engines on fire, and the pilot has no protection at all, not even protected by the fusalage from behind, which makes pilot kills very easy too.

mario71

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2010, 04:11:33 AM »

Gents,

If i look at the graphs from SAS~Sani, they indeed look ok.
But at 4000 meters speed should be 475.

Also if you make a scenario and put the aircraft at 4000 meters, it will never reach above 320 km/h?!?

What is wrong here? Something wrong with my SIM? i cant reach the speed of SAS~Sani graphs.

I build my own emd, i need to discuss this..... i there a way to talk discretely about emd moddeling without breaking the forum rules, because i am building an emd file and want to help out here.

Greetz Gijs

- update - i tested my modified engine model (only change is the VIII rated at 830 Hp) and still i have a max level speed of 310 km at 4000 meters?!? -

I dont understand the problem, i there to much drag?

- update 2 - I discovered that the speed in the bottom of the sceen does not match the HUD speed? (HUD speed is higher)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2010, 05:56:28 AM »

Hi Mario

you are free to talk openly if you want. The only thing we do not allow is showing how to open and pack Buttons files, or Java basics. But you can discuss the contents of it as you wish.

David603

« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2010, 06:15:40 AM »

- update 2 - I discovered that the speed in the bottom of the sceen does not match the HUD speed? (HUD speed is higher)
HUD airspeed is TAS (True Air Speed). The speed bar displays IAS(Indicated Air Speed). TAS is the speed used by the Il2 compare graphs, and is what you will see quoted as the speed of an aircraft in books and references.

IAS is what you will see on the airspeed indicator on an aircraft, and gets lower as you go higher because the air gets thiner as you go higher.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 25 queries.